Windows 10 with supported laptops and PCs offers Windows Hello feature that allows the system users to log in to their user account through facial recognition. While setting up Windows Hello is easy, some users have reported ” sorry, something went wrong, close Windows Hello, and then try going through the setup again” error during the setup process. You can find similar issues in the Microsoft Community Forums.
Trying to register my fingerprint to use Windows Hello and every time I swipe my fingerprint in the Windows Hello setup box it says “Sorry, something went wrong. Close Windows Hello, and then try going through the setup again.
But I don’t know how to close windows hello.
I have an HP EliteBook Folio 9470m running Windows 10 and it worked once but then I reset the computer and it does not work this time.
Follow the troubleshooting tips in this article to fix Something went wrong, close Windows Hello issue in your computer.
How to Fix Something went wrong close Windows Hello
1. Change Power Management Option for Biometric Device
- The issue can occur if the power-saving feature is enabled for the Biometric device in the device manager. You can resolve the issue by disabling the feature.
- Press Windows Key + R to open Run.
- Type devmgmt.msc and press OK to open the Device Manager.
- Expand the Biometric devices option.
- Right-click on the device and select Properties.
- Go to the Power Management tab.
- Uncheck “Allow the computer turn off this device to save power” option.
- Click OK to save the changes.
- Close the Device Manager and reboot the system. Try to set up Windows Hello again and check for any improvements.
2. Update Biometric Device Driver
- Press Windows Key + R.
- Type devmgmt.msc and click OK to open Device Manager.
- Expand Biometric Devices section.
- Right-click on the Biometric device and select Update Driver.
- Select “Search for updated driver software automatically” option.
- Wait for Windows to download and install any available updates for the driver.
- Now try to set up facial recognition and check if the something went wrong, close Windows Hello error is resolved.
3. Run Windows Hardware Troubleshooter
- Click on Start and select Settings.
- Click on Update and Security.
- Open the Troubleshoot tab.
- Click on Recording Audio option.
- Click on Run the troubleshooter and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Check again if you are able to fix Something went wrong close Windows Hello error.
4. Reset Fingerprint Security
- Shut down your laptop if it is on.
- Restart the laptop and start pressing ESC key on your keyboard to open the Startup Menu. Depending on your laptop maker, you may need to press Other Fn keys to get the Startup Menu.
- From the Startup Menu enter BIOS setup page.
- Navigate to the Security tab.
- Check “Fingerprint reset on reboot” option.
- Select the Save button.
- Restart the system and check if the Something went wrong close Windows Hello error is resolved.
RELATED STORIES YOU MAY LIKE:
- Windows Hello fingerprint not working? Here are 9 ways to fix it
- couldn’t recognize that fingerprint Windows Hello error
- Fingerprint doesn’t work in Windows 10 [BEST SOLUTIONS]