- If you get Something went wrong error in Twitch, the server may be having some issues.
- Clearing the cache can in your browser, or console can help with this problem.
- Your VPN and other apps can cause problems, so make sure that they aren't interfering.
Twitch is an extremely popular streaming service for gamers, but many of them reported Something went wrong error on Twitch.
When this problem appears, you don’t be able to enjoy your favorite streams properly, since you won’t be able to log in at all.
This issue affects both PCs and Xbox One, so today we’ll show you how to fix this problem, so let’s get started.
When can something go wrong in Twitch?
- Server related issues – Like any other platform or app that works on a huge servers network, Twitch may run into some random and temporary issues. In this case, it is best to check the producer’s official status page and find if there is any server related problem.
- Cache – Cache can harm not only your browser experience, but also other apps that are saving them. In this case, you have to consider clearing the Xbox Cache to solve our presented error.
- Temporary bugs or glitches – The Something went wrong message can appear on Twitch due to some temporary and randomly appeared bugs. We recommend waiting a bit, then try accessing it again. If it’s still not working, makre sure you reset the Xbox to its factory settings or reinstall the Xbox Twitch app.
- Other problems – Among other related reasons why this error can occur, you have to consider you VPN or some aspects from the internal management (in this matter, you may need to contact Twitch Support).
How does Something went wrong error in Twitch affect users?
In case this error appears, you won’t be able to log in to Twitch at all. This means that you can’t see your list of favorite streams or participate in chat.
This is an even bigger problem if you’re a content creator, but hopefully, there are several methods that can help you fix this issue.
What can I do if something went wrong in Twitch on Windows 10 & 11?
1. Check if it is a temporary issue
- Visit the Twitch Status page.
- Make sure that all services are running properly.
- If there’s an issue with any of the services, your Twitch experience will be affected until the issue is resolved by Twitch staff.
2. Clear your Xbox and browser’s cache
- Open Chrome.
- Use the following keyboard shortcut to open the Clear browsing data menu: Shift + Ctrl + Delete.
- Select All time as the time range. Make sure that first four options are checked, and click the Clear data button.
- Start Firefox.
- Click the Menu icon in the top right corner and choose Settings.
- Navigate to Privacy & Security and click on Clear data.
- Now click on Clear to confirm.
2.3 Xbox cache
- Press and hold the Power button to shut down the console.
- Once it is off, unplug the power cable.
- Plug in the power cable. Wait for the power adapter’s LED indicator change from white to orange.
- Press the power button on the Xbox to turn it on.
If the error is occurring on your Xbox console, you may try clearing the cache. By clearing the cache, you can resolve temporary issues that are causing Something went wrong Twitch error. Here is how to do it.
Unlike your smartphone or PC, there is no GUI-based cache cleaning system for Xbox. By following the above steps you hard reboot the console which also deletes the cache during the power cycle.
3. Reinstall the Xbox Twitch App
- From Home, select My games and apps, and then choose to See all.
- Select the Twitch app and press the Menu button (three horizontal bars) on your controller.
- Select Manage game and add-ons and select Uninstall all.
- Reboot your console and install a fresh copy of the Twitch app from the store.
4. Disable VPN
- Press Windows key + S and enter VPN. Select VPN settings from the list.
- Now select your VPN.
- Click on Disconnect.
If you’re having issues with your VPN, we suggest switching to a reliable VPN service, such as Private Internet Access.
5. Contact Twitch Support
- Visit Twitch contact page.
- Now fill in the contact form and describe your issue.
- Hopefully the Twitch staff will reach out to you with a solution.
6. Factory reset your Xbox
- Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
- Navigate to Settings.
- Open System, then click on Console Info.
- Under ConsoleInfo, select Reset Console.
- Select Reset and Keep my games and apps option. If that does not resolve the problem, select Reset and Remove Everything.
How can I fix Something went wrong in Twitch on Windows 11?
Reinstall your browser
- Press Windows key + I to open Settings.
- Navigate to Apps and select Installed apps.
- Locate your browser and click 3 dots next to it. Select Uninstall.
- Now follow the instuctions on the screen to complete the process.
If your current browser is giving you trouble, you might want to try some of these best browsers for Windows 11.
Should I use Twitch on my PC or on Xbox?
Using Twitch on your Xbox console is a more comfortable experience, that allows you to fully immerse yourself in the content you’re watching.
However, the PC version offers more customization and better interactivity, so we’d go for the PC version.
Is there a Twitch app for PC?
Yes, the Twitch app is available for PC, and you can download the Windows version from the Twitch website.
If you prefer, you can also download Twitch from the Windows Store and enjoy multimedia content.
Something went wrong error in Twitch can prevent you from enjoying your favorite content, but you should be able to fix it with our solutions.
In case you’re having additional problems, visit our Twitch network error 2000 article to see how to properly fix them.
Did you find a solution to this problem on your own? Share it with us in the comments section below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Twitch is on an online streaming platform dedicated to gamers. It has both an online client as well as a downloadable desktop client that you can install on your PC.
Twitch is also available as a web client, but not all browsers are optimized for Twitch streaming.
While Twitch does come with all the tools you may need to create streams from scratch, there is always room for improvement. Check out this list of the best software to use for creating Twitch streams.