- If you can't manage to get Netflix to work on your Sony TV, try quickly rebooting the device.
- Clearing the cache and resetting the application from the settings should also get rid of the issue.
- You can also refresh the internet content through the smart TV's network section.
Your Sony Smart TV is not playing Netflix? Then you’ve come to the right place.
Many people use their Smart TVs not just for watching TV, but also for browsing the internet, watching YouTube, or even their favorite TV shows and movies on streaming apps like Netflix.
But sometimes, the app doesn’t work as intended on Sony Smart TVs, with users complaining that Netflix is not auto-playing videos in the past. Now, the most common problem is the inability to open the app.
Some of them are getting the Sorry, we could not reach the Netflix service. Please check Network Settings to connect to an available network and use Netflix (-100). error or the spinning icon, and nothing happens.
Another commonly encountered error is Sorry we could not reach the Netflix service. Please try to restart the Netflix application (-111).
Fortunately, because Sony Smart TVs use Android OS, there are a few solutions that you can try to solve the issue.
Why is my Netflix not working on my Sony TV?
Below are some of the reasons the Netflix app might not work on your Sony TV:
- Outdated app: Sometimes, if the Sony Bravia TV Netflix app is not working and showing a black screen, it might be because of an outdated app. The easiest way out of this is to update the app to the latest version.
- Internet issues: In some cases, this problem might due to issues with your internet connection. You can fix this by restarting your router or switching to another network.
- Faulty cache: If Sony TV Netflix is not working and is just showing error 100, it might be due to a faulty cache. Clearing these files should restore normalcy quickly.
How do I get Netflix to work on my Sony TV?
1. General troubleshooting steps
- Check if your internet connection is working properly. If you’re connected to a wireless network, try to restart your router.
- Make sure that your Sony Smart TV has the latest firmware update installed.
- Check if any other apps, preferably streaming services, are working fine.
- Update the Sony TV Netflix app if it is not working. Additionally, you can also try to Reload Netflix.
2. Netflix error (-100)
If you can’t access Netflix on your Sony Smart TV but can open other apps and services, the easiest workaround is to reboot the TV.
To do that, hold down the power button for about 6 seconds or until the TV does a full restart. After the device reboots, Netflix should work properly.
This method worked for many Smart TV owners, so try it yourself, as it might solve your problem without much hassle.
Another confirmed fix is holding down the Home button on your remote, and a task switcher should appear. From there, you can select Netflix, press Down, and then OK to close the app.
Re-launch Netflix, and now it should work without any problems.
3. Netflix error (-111)
- When you get this error, you’ll see a RESET or OK button under the error message, depending on the Netflix version. If you have the RESET button, click on it, and the problem should be solved. If you have the OK button, follow the steps to reset the app.
- Press the Home button on your remote control.
- Navigate to Settings > Apps > System Apps.
- Select NETFLIX and select Info.
- Now, choose Force stop.
- After that, clear the app’s data and cache by selecting Clear data and Clear cache.
- Power reset your TV.
- After the TV reboots, go to Google Play Store and update the Netflix app.
- Once the update is complete, log in to Netflix with your credentials, and the app should function properly.
4. Netflix error Feature not available
- Press the Home button on your remote control.
- Now go to Settings > System Settings.
- Choose Set-up and then Network.
- Select Refresh Internet Content.
Some PC issues are hard to tackle, especially when it comes to corrupted repositories or missing Windows files. If you are having troubles fixing an error, your system may be partially broken.
We recommend installing Restoro, a tool that will scan your machine and identify what the fault is.
Click here to download and start repairing.
After doing the power cycle, the app should start functioning correctly.
How do I reset Netflix on my Sony TV?
You must clear the data and cache to reset your Netflix app on Sony TV. This will remove all the saved junk data and settings.
However, it will not remove your downloaded titles or any vital information. You might have to sign in again the next time you try to access the app. We have shown the steps to clear Netflix data in Solution 4 above.
Lastly, it is important to note that the Sony Bravia TV has a reset button you can select after clicking the Netflix app.
Not being able to play Netflix videos on your Sony Smart TV is a pretty annoying problem, but following the solutions provided in this article should help you solve the problem.
The simplest solutions are to reboot the TV or kill the Netflix app and then re-launch it, so be sure to try them out first.
After following the troubleshooting steps above, but Netflix is still not responding, you might need to try another option.
The Disney+ app allows you to stream and download unlimited TV shows, originals, and award-winning movies from Pixar, Disney, Star Wars, National Geographic, and Marvel.
Access Google Play Store from the Home screen on your Sony Smart TV, download and install Disney+ and watch hundreds of movies anytime.
Disney+ is available for a monthly subscription to gain full access to Disney World entertainment.
If you have suggestions or questions, feel free to leave them in the comments section below.