FIX: Lenovo B590 sound not working on Windows 10, 8.1
Lenovo B590 sound won’t work on Windows 10, 8.1
- Check your cable connection
- Update the audio driver
- Run the Audio troubleshooter
- Install Lenovo’s troubleshooting tool
- Use a different media player
- Install pending OS updates
- Make sure that your audio device is enabled
If you tried the new Windows 10 OS for 64 bit on your Lenovo B590 (or if you’re still running Windows 8.1), then you may have stumbled upon some issues — one of them being the sound. So, seeing that many users are having this sound problem, I will explain you in the guide below how you can fix your sound on Lenovo B590 in just a few easy steps.
Most of the time, the drivers you use for the Lenovo 590 (including the sound driver) are not always compatible with the newest versions of Windows available (including the Windows 8.1 or Windows 10). But we will try to update your sound driver to the latest version and also run the Audio Troubleshooter in your Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 and see how it goes from there.
SOLVED: Lenovo B590 audio problems on Windows 10, 8.1
1. Check your cable connection
First of all, you need to check all the cable connections for the sound system. If you have any issues there, you won’t be able to continue with the steps below.
2. Update the audio driver
- Move the mouse cursor over to the lower right side of the screen.
- From the Charms bar you will have to left click or tap on the “Search” feature.
- In the search box write the following: “Device Manager”.
- After the search is finished left click or tap on the “Device Manager” icon.
- You will get a pop up window from the user account control feature in which you will need to left click or tap on the “Yes” button to proceed.
- On the left side panel, find and double click on the “Sound, video and game controllers” feature.
- In the sub-menu on the “Sound, video and game controllers” rubric check if your sound card is listed there and also if it hasn’t got any yellow exclamation mark beside it.
- If it isn’t, then you will have to go on the manufacturer’s website and download the latest driver from there.
- If you have the yellow exclamations mark next to the driver, then right click or hold tap on the driver.
- Left click or tap on the “Properties” feature from the menu.
- Left click or tap on the “Driver” tab situated in the upper side of the Properties window.
- Left click or tap on the “Update Driver” button.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to finish the update.
- Reboot your Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 device and check if your sound is working.
3. Run the Audio troubleshooter
- Left click or tap on the link posted below to download the audio troubleshooting app for Windows 8.1 or Windows 10
- Left click or tap on the “Save File” feature.
- Left click or tap on the “OK” button.
- After the download is finished, you need to go to the folder where you saved the executable and run it.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to finish the troubleshooting for the Audio system.
If you’re running Windows 10, you can find and launch the Audio Troubleshooter on the Settings page. Go to Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot > locate and run the ‘Playing Audio’ troubleshooter, as well as the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter if you connected a speaker to your Lenovo B590 laptop.
4. Install Lenovo’s troubleshooting tool
- Left click or tap on the link posted below to download Lenovo Solution Center app for Windows 8.1 and Windows 10.
- You will have to open the README file after the download in order to finish the installation.
- After you installed the application, reboot your Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 and see how the Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 sound is working.
5. Use a different media player
- Check on several applications if your sound is working.
- You might have an issue with a particular application and the others might work for example: “Winamp” or “Windows Media Player”.
For more information on the best media players to download on your Windows computer, check out the guides listed below:
- Download BSPlayer on Windows 10, 8: One of the best media players
- The best cross-platform media players to use
- Download KM Player for Windows 10/Windows 8.1 [Latest Version]
- Download VLC Desktop for Windows 10, 8.1, 7 [Latest Version]
6. Install pending OS updates
- Move the mouse cursor over to the lower right side of the screen in Windows 8.1 or Windows 10
- From the menu that pops up you need to left click or tap on the “Settings” icon.
- In the Settings feature left click on “Change PC settings”
- In the “Change PC settings” feature left click or tap on the “Update and Recovery” feature.
- Left click or tap on the “Windows Update” setting > choose the “Check now” option.
- After the check is finished, install all the Windows 8.1, Windows 10 available updates by following the instructions on the screen.
- Reboot the device after the updates have finished installing.
- Check again if you have your sound back.
If you’re still having issues on your PC or you simply want to avoid them for the future, we recommend you to download this tool (100% safe and tested by us) to fix various PC problems, such as file loss, malware and hardware failure.
7. Make sure that your audio device is enabled
Sometimes, third-party apps and programs automatically disable your audio devices. This may explain why there is no sound on your Lenovo B590 speakers. If your audio device is indeed disabled, all you need to do to solve this issue is to simply re-enable your audio device.
- Right click on the Volume icon in the Taskbar > go to Playback devices
- Right click the empty space and choose Show Disabled Devices.
- Check if your Playback device is on the list. If your audio device is grayed out, this indicated that is has been disabled. Right click on it and select Enable, as shown in the screenshot below.
- Check if this workaround solved the problem.
There you go, we hope these solutions helped you fix the problem. If we have any new information on this subject or further questions, for that matter, you can contact us using the comment section below.
For additional information on how to fix audio issues on Windows 10, here are some troubleshooting guides that you can use:
- Fix Audio Issues in Windows 10
- Fix: XAudio2_6.dll is Missing from Windows 10
- Fix: No Sound from Cortana in Windows 10
- Fix: Edge Browser Audio Problems With YouTube in Windows 10
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in February 2015 and has been since updated for freshness, and accuracy.
Game stuttering is the irregular delays between GPU frames that can have a notable impact on gameplay. A game that stutters will feel slow, or […]
Facebook is reportedly maintaining a list of user data taken directly from their accounts. You might be surprised to know that Facebook’s ex-employees and existing […]