- Many Lenovo laptop owners reported that sound is not working in Windows 10 and that can be caused by drivers.
- If you have no sound on your device, update the drivers using specialized software.
- You should also check the audio settings because they may influence the sound on your portable.
- Changing the properties of your audio device can also fix this problem so try that.
Users have reported having sound issues with Windows 10 Lenovo laptops. This can be an extremely frustrating issue, as you can’t play any sort of audio files on your Lenovo PC.
The reasons that can cause this sort of issue can be extremely varied, ranging from issues with your physical sound card to missing drivers installed on your PC.
However, there’s a way to fix these problems for your laptop, and today we’re going to show you how to fix sound on Lenovo laptops.
This article will also help you if the Lenovo speakers are not working or if the Lenovo audio not working on your laptop.
What can I do if the sound on Lenovo laptop isn’t working?
1. Uninstall the sound driver from Device Manager
- Press Win+X keys on your keyboard and select Device Manager.
- Click on the Sound, video and game controllers option, right-click on the audio device and select Uninstall.
- Restart your PC. After the restart process is completed, Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.
You need to know that the system will install a default driver, not the exact one for your device. If this didn’t solve the problem, follow the next solution.
2. Update the audio driver
2.1 Update the drivers manually
- Press the Windows + X keys on your keyboard and select Device Manager.
- Click on the Sound, video and game controllers option right-click on the audio device, and select Update driver.
- Select the option Search automatically for updated driver software.
- Restart your PC.
2.2 Update drivers automatically
Windows 10’s driver updater isn’t all that reliable, and sometimes a scan might not even yield any results at all.
However, third-party driver updaters don’t have this issue, which is also the case with the recommended solution below.
Some of the most common Windows errors and bugs are a result of old or incompatible drivers. The lack of an up-to-date system can lead to lag, system errors or even BSoDs.To avoid these types of problems, you can use an automatic tool that will find, download, and install the right driver version on your Windows PC in just a couple of clicks, and we strongly recommend DriverFix. Here’s how to do it:
- Download and install DriverFix.
- Launch the application.
- Wait for DriverFix to detect all your faulty drivers.
- The software will now show you all the drivers that have issues, and you just need to select the ones you’d liked fixed.
- Wait for DriverFix to download and install the newest drivers.
- Restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
Drivers will no longer create any problems if you download and use this powerful software today.
Disclaimer: this program needs to be upgraded from the free version in order to perform some specific actions.
3. Lenovo audio drivers not working
- Open your browser and go to the Lenovo support website.
- Choose the PC section and then select View product support.
- Now search for the correct product or download the Lenovo Service Bridge to automatically detect your product.
- Select the audio drivers and download them.
- Now repeat solution number 2 but at the third step, instead of searching automatically for drivers go for the second choice, to Browse my computer for drivers software and select your drivers from your hard drive.
If you own a Lenovo laptop, in the unlikely event that the driver updating was not successful, you will need to visit the manufacturer’s website and download the correct drivers as shown in the steps above.
4. Check if your sound settings are correct
- Right-click the sound icon found in the Windows 10 taskbar and select Open sound settings.
- Inside the Sound Settings window, make sure that in the section Choose your output device the appropriate device is selected.
- Make sure the volume is not set to Mute.
- Scroll down and select App volume and device preferences.
- Inside that screen make sure that the apps you’re using to listen to music are not muted, and that the output and input options are chosen properly.
- Try to play sound again.
Fixing the sound settings might restore the sound to normal but if this didn’t fix your issue, please follow the next method.
5. Change the properties of your audio device
- Right-click the sound icon found in the Windows 10 taskbar and select Sounds.
- Select the Playback tab, select your speakers (Default) and click on Properties.
- In the Advanced tab select the drop-down list and choose all the options one by one. Click the Test button after each change to see if it works.
Changing the sample rate worked for some users so if they managed to fix the sound problem, make sure you try it also.
Lenovo laptop speakers not working but headphones are
If the speakers are not working in Windows 10, making sure the sound is going to the right device (as shown above) is essential. And it can also help in this situation.
If your laptop speakers are properly set as the default audio device, you can also try to connect external speakers to the audio connectors (go for the Stereo headphone jack).
Finally, even though it may sound trivial, make sure you check your keyboard to verify that the sound is not muted.
Many users reported that the Volume key does not properly communicate with the system tray and that it can be turned off without any visual indications.
6. Restart Audio Services
- Press the Windows key + R, type services.msc and hit Enter.
- Find Windows Audio in the list and double click it.
- Set Startup type to Automatic, then press Stop and press Start.
- Click Apply and check to see if the issue is solved.
In this article, we explored the best troubleshooting methods available to fix sound issues on Lenovo laptops.
We also hope that this guide helped you solve the problem with the audio services not responding on your Windows 10 Lenovo laptop.
If you still have audio issues on your PC, you can fix them now with the help of this simple guide. Let us know if this guide helped you by using the comment section below.
Frequently Asked Questions
You should try to check the audio drivers. If that doesn’t work, check our guide about fixing the Lenovo Laptop sound.
If you lost the sound after a recent update, check our complete guide on restoring the sound on Windows 10.
Did your sound stop for any application or just in the browser? Here’s how you can restore the sound on Chrome.