What is SPReview.Exe And How to Uninstall It
It is an executable file that is a part of the installation
- If Spreview.exe is not stored in System32, it could be a malicious file and should be removed.
- This guide will discuss the use of this executable file and ways to remove the file.
If you see the SPReview.exe file on the Task Manager on your Windows computer and want to know what it is, this guide can help! First, we will talk about this executable file, how to identify if it is malicious, and remove it if needed.
What is SPReview.exe?
SPReview.exe is an executable file related to the SP Reviewer process, a part of Microsoft Windows OS. The file is installed on Windows systems during service pack installation from Windows Update. It is located in C:\Windows\System32 and is entirely safe. Therefore we recommend not deleting this system file.
To ensure that the file is genuine, follow these steps:
- Press Ctrl + Shift +Esc to open Task Manager.
- Locate the SPReview.exe, and right-click it to select Open file location.
- If this executable file is found in some other folder or directory, it could be the malware or virus disguised on your computer and must be removed immediately.
How can I uninstall SPReview.exe?
1. Use the Control Panel
- Press the Windows key, type Control Panel, and click Open.
- Select View by as Category and choose Programs.
- Under Programs and Features, click Uninstall a program.
- Look for SPReview.exe, select it, and click Uninstall.
- Once it is uninstalled, restart your computer.
2. Use Windows Security if you think the file is malicious
- Press the Windows key, type Windows Security, and click Open.
- Go to Virus & threat protection and click Scan options.
- Choose Full scan and click Scan now.
- If you see any malicious detected by the software, remove it when prompted.
What can I do if there are issues with the SPReview.exe file?
1. Use the Command Prompt
- Press the Windows key, type CMD, and click Run as administrator.
- Type the following command to repair system files and press Enter:
- Then, copy and paste the following commands one by one and press Enter after every command:
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
- Once the commands are correctly executed, restart your computer.
2. Run DiskCleanup
- Press Windows + R to open the Run window.
- Type cleanmgr and press Enter to open Disk Cleanup.
- On the Disk Cleanup: Drive Selection window, select C and click OK.
- Click Clean up system files.
- The Disk Cleanup: Drive Selection window will reappear, click OK.
- Now under Files to delete, select all the files listed and click OK.
- On the next window, click Delete files.
Spreview.exe file is a legitimate Windows component if found in the System32 folder. If not, you can delete it. If you have more questions about this file, please mention them in the comments section below.
Still experiencing issues?
If the above suggestions have not solved your problem, your computer may experience more severe Windows troubles. We suggest choosing an all-in-one solution like Fortect to fix problems efficiently. After installation, just click the View&Fix button and then press Start Repair.