- The State of Decay 2 error code 1006 is generally encountered due to outdated drivers, misconfigured network settings, or incorrect date and time.
- First, you may simply try to restart both the PC and the router.
- If that doesn't work, you could also set the correct date and time, as described below. And this isn't the only confirmed solution.
State of Decay 2 has been popular amongst the gaming community and is available on various platforms. But several users who played it on their Windows computer reported encountering the State of Decay 2 error code 1006.
Released in 2018, the game has been largely successful but the computer version of it is known to run into errors from time to time. The error code 1006 is one of the many you may come across.
This error is encountered if you have outdated drivers installed, set the date and time incorrectly, or the firewall is interrupting the connection. However, all these are easily fixable given you follow the right approach.
Without further ado, let’s get straight to the most effective solutions for State of Decay error code 1006.
How can I fix the State of Decay error code 1006?
1. Some basic checks
Misconfigured connection is one of the most common reasons behind the error. So, first, unplug the modem/router from the power source, wait for a minute or two, and then plug it back. Also, restart the computer in the meantime.
How we test, review and rate?
We have worked for the past 6 months on building a new review system on how we produce content. Using it, we have subsequently redone most of our articles to provide actual hands-on expertise on the guides we made.
For more details you can read how we test, review, and rate at WindowsReport.
Besides, make sure that you are not using a VPN since it could prevent the computer from establishing a proper connection with the game server. If both these don’t help eliminate the State of Decay error code 1006, head to the next method.
2. Add an exception for State of Decay 2 in the firewall
- Press Windows + S to launch the Search menu, enter Windows Defender Firewall in the text field, and click on the relevant search result that appears.
- Next, click on Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall from the list of options on the left.
- Click on the Change settings button.
- Now, verify that the checkboxes for both Public and Private are ticked for State of Decay 2 and click on OK at the bottom. If the game is not listed here, follow the steps listed below.
- Click on Allow another app at the bottom.
- Click on Browse to locate and select the game.
- Navigate to the folder where the launcher (.exe) for State of Decay 2 is stored, select it, and then click on Open at the bottom.
- Finally, click on Add.
If the Windows Defender Firewall is interrupting the connection, you can add an expectation for the game. Once done making the changes, restart the computer and check if the State of Decay error code 1006 is eliminated.
3. Update the drivers
- Press Windows + S to launch the Search menu, enter Device Manager in the text field at the top, and click on the relevant search result.
- Double-click on the Network adapters entry to expand and view the devices under it.
- Right-click on the adapter that you are using to access the Internet, and select Update driver from the context menu.
- Next, select Search automatically for drivers from the options in the Update Drivers window.
- The OS will scan for the best available driver on the system and install it.
An outdated driver is just as likely to cause the State of Decay 2 error code 1006 on your computer. The only thing that you can do here is to update all the drivers installed on the computer after you are done with the network adapter driver.
In case the update didn’t go through via the Device Manager, try the other methods to manually install the latest driver version in Windows, since this one will only look through the drivers already downloaded to the computer.
However, if you want to update your network drivers automatically in a few minutes, you can use a specialized driver updater like Outbyte Driver Updater.
This software can entirely scan your computer and identify out-of-date drivers in your system, and therefore update particular device drivers or all your drivers at once.
4. Verify the date and time set on the computer
- Press Windows + I to launch the Settings app, and select Time & language from the tabs listed in the navigation pane on the left.
- Next, click on Date & time on the right.
- If the Current date and time are incorrect, disable the toggle for Set time automatically.
- Click on the Change button next to Set date and time manually.
- Now, set the correct time and date here, and click on Change.
If the date and time set on your computer are incorrect, you are likely to encounter the State of Decay 2 error code 1006, and a bunch of other issues. So, make sure to correct it, and check if the problem is fixed.
5. Activate the Teredo adapter
- Press Windows + R to launch the Run command, type wt in the text field, press and hold the Ctrl + Shift key, and then either click OK or hit Enter to launch Windows Terminal.
- Click Yes in the UAC (User Account Control) prompt that pops up.
- Next, click on the downward-facing arrow at the top, and select Command Prompt. Alternatively, you can hit Ctrl + Shift + 2 to launch Command Prompt in a new tab.
- Paste the following command and hit Enter:
netsh interface teredo show state
- If you find the State listed as Offline, execute the following command:
netsh interface teredo set state enterpriseclient
If the Teredo adapter is not functioning, you may come across the State of Decay 2 error code 1006. And, enabling it should eliminate the problem.
That’s it! By the time you reach this part of the article, the error should be long gone and you would be able to play State of Decay 2 with your friends.
Also, find out how to fix bugs in State of Decay 2 using a bunch of quick and effective methods.
Tell us which fix worked and your review of the game, in the comments section below.