- State of Decay 2 is one of the most popular open-world zombie survival games of the moment. Now with State of Decay 2: Juggernaut Edition released on Steam, the game is more popular than ever!
- With State of Decay being so popular, it's no surprise that there have been many bugs reported, and while some of them have been patched out, a few fell through the cracks. This article will show you how to fix them.
- Interested in more State of Decay 2 content? Then make sure you bookmark our SoD2 page where we post fixes for this awesome game!
- The gaming hub is the place to be for the newest content from the gaming world. Everything from guides and fixes to reviews are available here.
Unfortunately, various errors and technical issues may sometimes limit your gaming experience preventing you from fully enjoying the game.
In this post, we’ll list a series of solutions that you can use to fix common State of Decay 2 bugs on your Windows 10 computer.
State of Decay 2 bug fixes
- State of Decay 2 won’t download or install
- State of Decay 2 crashes with error 0x803F8001
- State of Decay 2 crashes after launch
- Error ‘You must sign in to continue’
- Multiplayer is unavailable
1. State of Decay 2 won’t download or install
- Restart the Microsoft Store app, especially if the download process suddenly stops halfway through.
- Check the system requirements: Make sure that your computer meets at least the minimum system requirements necessary to run the game:
- OS: Windows 10 x64
- Integrated Keyboard
- Integrated Mouse
- DirectX Version 11
- Memory: 8 GB
- Video Memory: 2 GB
- Processor: AMD FX-6300 | Intel i5-2500 2.7GHz
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 | AMD Radeon HD 7870
- Update your Windows 10 computer: Install the latest OS version on your machine to benefit from the latest improvements and fixes.
- Opt-out of the Windows Insider Program: If you’re enrolled in the Windows Insider Program, the best solution is to temporarily opt-out of it and install a stable version of the OS. Microsoft is aware that some Insiders may experience issues with State of Decay 2 and is working on a fix.
- If you preordered the game, make sure that your purchase was not refunded. Back in April, some preorders were cancelled and refunded following a general issue. If this is the case, then you need to purchase the game again.
2. State of Decay 2 crashes with error 0x803F8001
If error 0x803F8001 prevents you from launching the game, try installing any free app from the Microsoft Store. Then restart your computer and launch State of Decay 2 again.
Frequently Asked Questions
Make sure your system has the minimum requirements to run the game as stated in our guide. Afterwards, continue with the fixes mentioned in the guide.
Yes, State of Decay 2: Juggernaut Edition is now available on Steam. If you already own State of Decay 2, then you will receive the Juggernaut Edition update for free.
Running the game as an administrator is one of the first troubleshooting steps to take. Our guide on fixing State of Decay 2 issues explains how to do this.
You have two options if you want to install State of Decay 2 on Windows 10: you can purchase & install it from the Microsoft Store or from Steam. After you’ve purchased the game, both clients will ask you if you wish to install the game.
Depending on the specific error you’re encountering there can be several causes. This guide will show you how to troubleshoot most of the errors.