- The Steam Deck Calculator can approximate the time when your Steam Deck will ship.
- While not perfect, it's still one of the best ways to estimate the delivery date.
- This short guide will show how to utilize this helpful website and know when to expect your Steam Deck.
If you go to the Steam Deck product page, you’ll see the expected order availability much later in the year. At the time of this writing, it’s after Q3 2022 which is around October.
But don’t worry, because there is a way to guess when you’ll get your device and that’s through the Steam Deck Calculator.
How accurate is the Steam Deck Calculator?
The calculator was created by user MooNag on Github, and according to people across the Internet, it’s fairly accurate.
Even MooNag admits on his page that it’s only an estimator although users already call it the Steam Deck unofficial calculator.
It’s by no means perfect and things can change on a whim, so don’t look at the calculator as if it’s the final authority. It’ll give you a pretty good guess, however.
This guide will show you how to use the Steam Deck Calculator and see when you’ll get your device.
How to use the Steam Deck Calculator
1. Using Steam Deck Calculator
- Go to the calculator’s web page and enter in the model of your Deck, estimated order availability, and what region you are in. Currently, Valve will only ship to the US, UK, and EU.
- Next enter in the rtReserveTime value, which can be found on Steam’s API for reservations.
- Copy the number next to rtReserverTime and paste it into the corresponding box.
- At the bottom, you will MooNag’s option to calculate your order as well as other people’s models. They’ve contributed to the calculator. You can try those out too if you want another opinion.
- Selecting MooNag’s model will show this particular order will take a very long time to arrive.
2. Using Shipment estimator
- Say, for example, you finally have your Steam Deck’s delivery estimate. You can use the shipping estimator to narrow things down.
- Go to the calculator’s web page and click the Shipment estimator form link.
- On the Shipment estimator form, enter the region you are in that Valve delivers to and the Steam Deck model.
- Next, you will need to input the rtReserveTime value which can be found on Steam’s website. Make sure you’re logged in to your Steam account.
- Look for the number next to rtReserveTime.
- Enter that number in the bottom box then click Next.
- Enter Valve’s delivery estimate and pre-order estimate. Then hit Next.
- Enter when you got your official order email, then hit Submit.
- After this, you’ll get a shipment date. However, this method only works if you have an email from Steam confirming the order.
What else should I know about Steam?
In the past, Avast Antivirus has been known to block Steam games. There is a way to make Steam games an exception, so they can be played without issue.
And if you’ve ever experienced problems with Steam errors on Windows 10 and 11, you can fix this by updating your drivers and checking the integrity of your games.
Feel free to leave a comment below if you have any questions on other gaming websites. Also, leave comments about reviews that you’d like to see or information on anything video game related