How to Use the Steam Deck Delivery Calculator Web App
Everything you need to know about how to use this estimator
- The Steam Deck Calculator can approximate the time when your Steam Deck will ship.
- While not perfect, it's still one of the best ways to estimate the delivery date.
- This short guide will show how to utilize this helpful website and know when to expect your Steam Deck.
The Steam Deck is Valve Corporation’s latest hardware device, and it’s proven to be extremely popular. So much so that Valve is having a hard time producing enough units to keep up with orders.
If you go to the Steam Deck product page, you’ll see the expected order availability much later in the year. At the time of this writing, it’s after Q3 2022, which is around October.
But don’t worry, because there is a way to guess when you’ll get your device, and that’s through the Steam Deck Calculator.
Is the Steam Deck Calculator accurate?
User MooNag created the calculator on Github, and according to people across the Internet, it’s pretty accurate.
Even MooNag admits on his page that it’s only an estimator with fair accuracy, although users already call it the Steam Deck unofficial calculator.
It’s not perfect, and things can change on a whim, so don’t look at the calculator as if it’s the final authority. It’ll give you a pretty good guess, however.
Some PC issues are hard to tackle, especially when it comes to corrupted repositories or missing Windows files. If you are having troubles fixing an error, your system may be partially broken.
We recommend installing Restoro, a tool that will scan your machine and identify what the fault is.
Click here to download and start repairing.
This guide will show you how to use the Steam Deck Calculator and see when you’ll get your device.
How to use the Steam Deck Calculator
1. Using Steam Deck Calculator
- Go to the calculator’s web page and enter your Deck’s model, estimated order availability, and region you are in. Valve will only ship to the US, UK, and EU.
- Following, enter the rtReserveTime value, which can be found on Steam’s API for reservations.
- Copy the number next to rtReserverTime and paste it into the corresponding box.
- At the bottom, you will have MooNag’s option to calculate your order and other people’s models. This is because they’ve contributed to the calculator. You can try those out, too, if you want another opinion.
- Selecting MooNag’s model will show this particular order will take a very long time to arrive.
The Steam Deck Calculator has been archived and is no longer supported since the 29th of July, 2022. This is due to an update from Valve that all new orders are now in Q4 till the queue fills up.
The order will be moved to the next quarter when the queue is full.
However, the Steam Calculator still works and can be helpful for Q3 estimations. Note that the accuracy is no longer the same, as it is now unsupported
2. Using a Shipment estimator
- Say, for example. If you finally have your Steam Deck delivery estimate, you can use the shipping estimator to narrow things down.
- Go to the calculator’s web page and click the Shipment estimator form link.
- On the Shipment estimator form, enter the region you are in that Valve delivers to and the Steam Deck model.
- Next, you will need to input the rtReserveTime value, which can be found on Steam’s website. Finally, make sure you’re logged in to your Steam account.
- Look for the number next to rtReserveTime.
- Enter that number in the bottom box, then click Next.
- Enter Valve’s delivery estimate and pre-order estimate. Then hit Next.
- Enter when you got your official order email, then hit Submit.
- After this, you’ll get a shipment date. However, this method only works if you have an email from Steam confirming the order.
When will I get my Steam Deck?
Valve recently announced that it is more good news if you have a reservation. Unlike the formerly predicted long-term demand fulfillment time, you can now get your Steam Deck in Q3 or Q4 2022 if you already have a reservation.
So, depending on your queue position, you should be able to get your Steam Deck order later in 2022 without using the calculator for prediction.
Is Steam Deck more powerful than Switch?
The Steam Deck is way more powerful than Nintendo Switch. It is considerably better in terms of speed and overall performance.
However, Nintendo Switch is more portable and comfortable. Also, in terms of looks, Switch has features like a round screen and an OLED display that is preferable to the LCD in Switch Deck.
And if you’ve ever experienced problems with Steam errors on Windows 10 and 11, you can fix this by updating your drivers and checking the integrity of your games.
Feel free to comment below if you have any questions on other gaming websites. Also, leave comments about reviews you’d like to see or information on anything video game related.
Still having issues? Fix them with this tool:
If the advices above haven't solved your issue, your PC may experience deeper Windows problems. We recommend downloading this PC Repair tool (rated Great on TrustPilot.com) to easily address them. After installation, simply click the Start Scan button and then press on Repair All.