Steam alert when game goes on sale [TUTORIAL]
Steam is one of the biggest online gaming platforms. Millions of gamers use Steam on a daily basis, in an attempt to download and play games through the platform.
Knowing when it is the right time to buy their favorite game is very important for gamers. Steam offers serious game discounts through Summer and Winter Sales, but hey also offer smaller daily discounts.
Valve’s gaming platform came up with an option, in an attempt to help users get notified when their favorite games are offered discounts.
We made a quick guide on how to add games to Steam‘s Wishlist. Check the instructions below.
How to enable game sale alerts on Steam
In order to know when Steam sales take place, you need to enable the notification alerting you of the discounts applying to the games placed on your Wishlist.
Enable the Wishlist notifications by following these steps:
- Click on your Steam name in the top right corner of the Steam client in order to expand your profile options, then select Account Details.
- Under the Contact Info section, choose Manage Email Preferences.
- Make sure to have the box next to A discount is applied to an item on my Wishlist ticked, then click the Save button.
- After enabling this option, make sure to have your desired game added to the wishlist.
When a discount is applied to the game, you will receive notifications via the email linked with your Steam account.
In conclusion, make sure to be aware of Steam Winter and Summer sales, as well as Mid-week, Weekend and Daily sales. Always make sure to constantly check your email for Steam notifications.
If you found our quick guide on how to enable Steam notifications helpful, leave a comment in the comment section below.
- A Steam game doesn’t show up in library [FIX]
- How can I pin Steam games to Windows 10, 8.1 start screen?
- Fix: Unable to run Steam games in Windows 10
- How to fix a Steam game that instantly closes
Did you ever encounter Unable to join domain message on Windows 10? This can be a problem, but in today’s article we’ll show you how […]
Many Gears of War 5 players who tried to join ranked matches reported experiencing different issues. They keep on getting error 0x00000d6e when they trying […]