- Users have discussed Steam Error Code 105 on Steam's forum. The error message states, Unable to connect to server.
- Users can also fix the issue by turning off their ad blocker browser extensions.
- Our Steam troubleshooting hub provides further resolutions for other Steam errors.
- For more great guides, take a look at our Steam page.
Steam is one of the largest gaming distribution channels in the world. Yet, some users might run into a few snags when they try to purchase a game from Steam. A few users have posted about error code 105 on Steam’s forum.
That issue arises when those users try to open Store from Steam. Consequently, users can’t access Steam’s Store in browser.
This is how you can fix Steam Error Code 105
1. Restart your router
First, try a simple restart of your router. Unplug the router (from socket) for about five minutes. Then Plug the router back in. Wait for about five minutes, and then open Steam to see if error 105 persists.
2. Flush the DNS
- A few users have said that they’ve fixed Steam Error Code 105 by flushing the DNS.
- Open the Run accessory by pressing the Windows keyboard key and R at the same time.
- Type cmd in the Open text box and click OK to open the Command Prompt.
- In the Command Prompt, enter ipconfig /flushdns as in the snapshot directly below.
- Press the Enter key to initiate the command.
3. Turn off ad blocker browser extensions
- Steam Error Code 105 can also be due ad blocker browser extensions.
- To turn off ad blockers in Chrome, click the Customize Google Chrome button.
- Select More tools > Extensions to open the tab in the shot directly below.
- The turn off the blue toggle switches at the bottom right of all ad blocker extensions listed there.
- Firefox users can turn off ad blocker extensions by pressing Ctrl + Shift + A hotkey within Fox.
- Then select Extensions, and click the Disable button for any ad blocker add-on.
4. Change your DNS Address
- Changing your DNS to Google DNS could also fix Steam Error Code 105.
- To do that in Windows, open the Run window.
- Type ncpa.cpl in Run’s text box, and click the OK option.
- The Network Connections Control Panel applet will then open.
- Select Internet Protocol Version 4 on the Networking tab, and click the Properties button.
- Select the Use the following DNS server addresses radio button.
- Next, input 18.104.22.168 in the Preferred DNS server box.
- For the Alternate DNS server box, enter 22.214.171.124 as shown below.
- Press the OK button on the Internet Protocol Version 4 window.
5. Delete browser data from Steam’s Settings window
- Another confirmed resolution for Steam Error Code 105 is to delete browser data with the options on Steam’s Settings window.
- Open the Steam client software.
- Click Steam at the top left of the software’s window.
- Click Settings on the Steam menu.
- Select the Web Browser tab shown in the shot directly below.
- Click the Delete Web Browser Cache button there. Press the OK button to confirm.
- Then click the Delete All Browser Cookies option. Select the OK option to provide further confirmation.
- Thereafter, close Steam to restart it.
The resolutions above have fixed Steam Error Code 105 for numerous users. So, they’re among the most widely confirmed fixes for that Steam error.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, registering, downloading and installing the Steam client is completely free, and even some of the games that you can download through it are free as well.
Steam constantly holds sales every week, with bigger sales happening during the Summer or the Winter holidays. You can also get Steam content via Humble Bundle deals.
Steam is filled with games of all kinds, from RTS to RPGs and even survival games.