- Many users have reported experiencing the No internet connection error while using Steam.
- Although not a very serious problem, it can be frustrating when trying to play online games.
- However, this situation is easily fixable and we're about to show you how you can do that.
There really is no need to say much about Steam, as we’re pretty sure that mostly everyone has heard about the popular gaming platform at least once.
With over 120 million active users, Steam is by far the most used and widely-known platform of its kind, absolutely destroying competition such as the Epic Games Store, or Good Old Games.
But that doesn’t necessarily mean that it’s free of bugs or other errors that come at the worst possible times and can cause some really big headaches.
Many of the games that users actively play on Steam are online or require an internet connection, so experiencing errors in this area can be very frustrating.
You came to the right place, as we can help you with situations such as:
- Steam needs to be online to update on Windows 10/11
- Could not connect to the Steam network error
- Steam won’t go online/Stuck in offline mode
Now, let’s get to why we’re really here and fix this Steam no internet connection error together, so you can go back to playing with your friends.
How can I fix the no internet connection error for Steam?
1. Troubleshoot your internet connection
- Test if your network connection is working
- Restart your router (make sure you unplug the power cord and leave it for 30 seconds switched off)
- Right-click the network icon in the Taskbar and select Troubleshoot problems
- Open a Command Prompt and type the following commands (one by one):
netsh winsock reset
- Try to run Steam again
2. Update your network driver
- Press the Windows key, search for Device Manager and click on Open.
- Expand Network Adapters, right-click on the one you use and select Update driver.
- Select Search automatically for drivers.
Would you like to also be able to enjoy quality gaming without having to constantly worry about any crashes, lags, or freezes by keeping all drivers up to date and error-free easily?
It’s true that sometimes, manual checks are hard to perform, that’s why we recommend using an automated assistant that will scan for fresh driver versions daily.
In case you’re a beginner, you don’t have to worry! DriverFix is smart, simple, engaging and its user interface was built to make your life easier.
3. Run Steam as an administrator
- Locate your Steam installation folder.
- Right-click on the Steam executable and select Properties.
- Click on the Compatibility tab and tick the box next to Run this program as an administrator.
- Press the Apply button and close the window.
By going through this guide you will find yourself one step closer to re-establishing your proper Steam internet functions.
After doing so, you can go back to enjoying your favorite titles not alone, but with your friends and the rest of the users around the world.
The solutions provided above should fix the No internet connection error for Steam without too much effort.
Let us know in the comments section below which method worked best for you and how easy was it to apply it.