SteelSeries Rival 700 modular gaming mouse flaunts an OLED display
Are you a gamer looking for a new gaming mouse to play Battlefield 1 or the awesome looking Total War: Warhammer? If you are, the new SteelSeries Rival 700 modular gaming mouse could very well be the one you’re looking for.
The SteelSeries Rival 700 is a wired gaming mouse that comes equipped with tactile feedback and an OLED display, something that might make you think it costs an arm and a leg. You’d be wrong, though: Its $99 price tag surprises, considering what this mouse is capable of.
What is that OLED display for, anyway? Well, it can show the player in-game statistics, like a player’s kill/death ratio for example. While we don’t see the point of this, it’s a decent gimmick nonetheless. The mouse can also be customized in many ways. Remember the Xbox One Elite Controller? Customization options are similar to that, but only in terms of the software aspect.
Here’s what the company had to say about the SteelSeries Rival 700:
The Rival 700 is the most powerful gaming mouse armed with the first fully customizable OLED display, and customizable tactile alerts giving gamers real-time information and notifications.
When it comes to its OLED display, we wonder how many games will take advantage of it. There’s a good chance popular games will, but we aren’t so sure about smaller titles.
Here are its specs, according to the official website:
- Sensor Name: PixArt PMW3360
- Sensor Type: Optical
- CPI: 100 to 16,000
- IPS: 300
- Acceleration: 50g
- Polling Rate: 1 ms (1000 Hz)
- Zero Hardware Acceleration
- Tracking Accuracy: 1:1
- Material: Matte Top Cover
- Ergonomic, Right-Handed
- Grip Style: Palm, Claw, and Fingertip
- Number of Buttons: 7
- SteelSeries Switches: Rated for 30 Million Clicks
- Reinforced Left and Right Clicks
- Weight: 135g, 0.3lbs
- Height: 124.85mm, 4.92in
- Width: 68.46mm, 2.70 in
- Depth: 41.97mm, 1.65in
- Short cable length (non-braided): 1m, 3.28 ft
- Long cable length (braided): 2m, 6.5 ft
Interested folks can h over to the official page to purchase the SteelSeries Rival 700.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- ASUS unveils its new ROG Spatha MMO gaming mouse
- Get the new Razer Turret mouse and lapboard and secure victory everytime
- Corsair’s New Gaming Mouse for Windows is Lightweight and Has 8 Programmable Buttons
Microsoft is all set to launch its next big update, Windows 10 version 1809 in October. While that should be a nice piece of news […]
The Windows 10 October 2018 Update (otherwise 18H2) rollout might now be two to three weeks away. For the last few months, new build previews […]