A DAC , also known as a Digital-to-Analog Converter, is a device that converts digital audio information into an analog audio signal that can be sent to a headphone amp.
Many stereo receivers have DACs included, and this makes them much more efficient at delivering signals to and from analog devices.
We’ve compiled a list of the best stereo receivers that also have a DAC. So, go ahead and take a look and maybe you’ll find your next top pick.
Note: Deals are subject to change. Keep in mind that the price tag often varies. We recommend going on the vendor’s website to check the price. Some of the products may be out of stock by the time you’ve made your purchasing decision. So, hurry up and hit the buy button.
The full-aluminum casing houses components that manage to deliver high-quality sound, and you can use the Bluetooth connection to stream music off of pretty much any device.
- Can connect to your music system and stream from any app and Bluetooth enabled device
- Stunning high-quality audio with Bluetooth 5.0, aptX HD, aptX, and AAC encoding
- Built-in AKM4396 DAC for 24-bit playback and supports all Bluetooth enabled devices
- Aluminum case with audiophile-grade connectors, analog and optical outputs, low latency
- General connectivity issues
Not only that, but it also provides ultra-clear sound quality for you to enjoy music the way it was meant to.
- 75 with Ch (8 Ohms, 1 kHz, 0.08% THD, 2 Channels Driven, FTC)
- Three-Stage Inverted Darlington Circuitry; Direct Mode
- Wolfson 192 kHz/24-Bit DAC (WM8718). High-Current Low-Impedance Drive
- 96 kHz/24-Bit Capable Digital Audio Inputs (1 Optical and 2 Coaxial)
- 5 Analog Audio Inputs and 1 Output
- 75 watts (8 Ohms, 1 kHz, 0.08% THD, 2 Channels Driven, FTC)
- Three-Stage Inverted Darlington Circuitry
- Customer service is not that good in case of issues with the product
It is made with high-quality materials, such as the gold-plated digital coax input and analog inputs make for great sound delivery with zero loss.
- 100 W + 100 W (20 Hz – 20 kHz, 0.019% THD)
- USB DAC function: DSD (2.8 MHz / 5.6 MHz), PCM (384 kHz / 32-bit), WAV / FLAC
- Gold plated digital coax input/TOSLINK optical input.
- Frequency response-10 Hz – 100 kHz +/- 1.0 dB
- Gold plated analog inputs including Phono
- Speakers A, B, A+B and custom made power transformer
- 12,000 µF block capacitors
- Extruded aluminum heat sinks
- Issues with the USB interface
Although the small and compact size may deceive you, it manages to deliver high-quality sound that rivals that made by its much bigger brothers.
- Sophisticated design
- High drive current
- Semi-set tube design
- Small Compact Size
- Static noise issues
The compact and modern design also makes it great at blending in with any audio system, and you’ll be surprised at just how good this little gadget can be at delivering high-quality sound.
- Compact stereo amplifiers are the best choice for powering speakers in the home or office
- Use the OriGain with speakers of any size
- 50W x 2 power output into 4 Ohm, 30W x 2 into 8 Ohm
- Includes UL-Certified 24V/4.75A power adapter
- Not very reliable over long periods of time
Closing thoughts on stereo receivers with DAC
While using a DAC has its uses, they are pretty limited. However, if the stereo receiver that you consider buying has one, it just means that it is capable of doing one extra task that others cannot.
As such, if you do have devices that require their signal to be converted from digital to analog, then getting a stereo receiver with DAC is a clever choice.