A DAC , also known as a Digital-to-Analog Converter, is a device that converts digital audio information into an analog audio signal that can be sent to a headphone amp.
Many stereo receivers have DACs included, and this makes them much more efficient at delivering signals to and from analog devices.
We’ve compiled a list of the best stereo receivers that also have a DAC. So, go ahead and take a look and maybe you’ll find your next top pick.
Note: Deals are subject to change. Keep in mind that the price tag often varies. We recommend going to the vendor’s website to check the price. Some of the products may be out of stock by the time you’ve made your purchasing decision. So, hurry up and hit the buy button.
What are the best stereo receivers with DAC that I can buy?
- 80 W/Ch (8 ohms, 20 Hz−20 kHz, 0.1% THD, 2 channels Driven, FTC)
- Phono equalizer input for turntable playback + 6 analog audio inputs
- Built-In Wi-Fi and Bluetooth technologies
- Faulty network connectivity
Onkyo’s TX-8140 is a great receiver for FM, Phono, CD, TV and/or USB use, with built-in Pandora, Spotify, Sirius XM.
You can use it also to play your favorite music when connecting your phone, tablet or PC.
The receiver can be controlled via the Onkyo Remote App which is compatible with iOS and Android devices.
- High-quality audio with Bluetooth 5.0, aptX HD, aptX, and AAC encoding
- Built-in AKM4396 DAC for 24-bit playback
- Aluminum case with audiophile-grade connectors
- General connectivity issues
If you like going for performance, quality, and connectivity, then the Audioengine B1 is just the right stereo receiver and amplifier that you need.
The full-aluminum casing houses components that manage to deliver high-quality sound, and you can use the Bluetooth connection to stream music off of pretty much any device.
- 100 W + 100 W (20 Hz – 20 kHz, 0.019% THD)
- Gold plated digital coax input/TOSLINK optical input.
- Frequency response-10 Hz – 100 kHz +/- 1.0 dB
- Gold plated analog inputs including Phono
- Issues with the USB interface
The Yamaha A-S801BL offers high-quality sound with a wide range of features and an elegant appearance and the integrated amplifier with the advantage of digital inputs.
It is made with high-quality materials, such as the gold-plated digital coax input and analog inputs make for great sound delivery with zero loss.
- Sophisticated design
- High drive current
- Semi-set tube design
- Small Compact Size
- Static noise issues
If you’re looking to bring the power of an amplifier in the palm of your hands, then the SMSL T2 is the right choice for you.
Although the small and compact size may deceive you, it manages to deliver high-quality sound that rivals that made by its much bigger brothers.
- Compact stereo amplifiers are the best choice for powering speakers in the home or office
- 50W x 2 power output into 4 Ohm, 30W x 2 into 8 Ohm
- Includes UL-Certified 24V/4.75A power adapter
- Not very reliable over long periods of time
Probably the epitome of simplicity when it comes to stereo adapters, the Micca OriGain is the best choice as a first stereo receiver or amplifier.
The compact and modern design also makes it great at blending in with any audio system, and you’ll be surprised at just how good this little gadget can be at delivering high-quality sound.
While using a DAC has its uses, they are pretty limited. However, if the stereo receiver that you consider buying has one, it just means that it is capable of doing one extra task that others cannot.
As such, if you do have devices that require their signal to be converted from digital to analog, then getting a stereo receiver with DAC is a clever choice.
FAQ: Learn more about DAC stereo receivers
- Do you need a DAC with a receiver?
Most modern stereo receivers include DAC since this is what makes it possible for digital sound to be transmitted over into the speakers/headphones.
- Does a stereo receiver need an amplifier?
A stereo receiver is an amplifier, so no extra amplifier is necessary if you’re using one.
- Is Onkyo better than Bose?
While Bose is well-known for its sleek design and excellent quality equipment, Onkyo receivers are also reliable and more affordable.