- Google Chrome is a great browser and one of the things that makes it popular is its extensions.
- In this article, we’ll talk about the best Chrome extensions that can help you stop procrastinating.
- For more information regarding Chrome, check out our Browsers Hub for useful guides.
- You might find more inspiration in our extensive collection of articles in the Productivity section.
The Internet is perhaps man’s best invention, but sometimes this wonderful tool can turn into a double-edged sword.
The World Wide Web is full of interesting information from a wide array of domains, and when we find something we’re interested in, we often jump from website to website, losing all track of time.
We connect to Facebook, we come across the profile of a long-forgotten friend and then we start browsing through their posts. We could stay glued to YouTube for hours on end watching funny cat videos.
Before we notice, we’ve spent most of the time doing nothing and that dreadful deadline is only drawing nearer.
If you want to stop procrastinating, consider installing the following Google Chrome extensions on your Windows 10 computer.
We procrastinate no matter what browser we’re using. But this doesn’t stop us from recommending a search engine that might bring some improvements to your workflow right from the start.
On this note, we suggest you try the Opera browser.
Opera is free to install and use, and it comes with a lot of awesome handy features, most of them just one click away.
Personalized workspaces, easy flow to share your work across several devices, built-in newsreader, mouse gestures, or virtual bookmarks for quick access are just some of the tools that you can find only by installing Opera.
Besides, the Opera extension library offers thousands of tools to help you improve your productivity. To mention just a few:
- Pause – Stop Mindless Browsing – A plugin that displays a green screen for a period of time of your choice on distracting websites. It comes with 50 of the best-know such sites, but you can add your own.
- Stay Productive – A tool that prevents social media sites to show notifications or alerts.
- Channel Blocker – An extension that you can apply toYouTube mostly, to block certain channels.
Stay focused on your work and never miss a deadline using Opera's exclusive features and plugins.
What Chrome extensions can I use to stop procrastinating?
We often come across interesting websites while working online, and this is one of the main reasons why people procrastinate. With the help of this tool, you can store URLs for later viewing.
Procrastinate Later allows you to save interesting webpages for future viewing. In this manner, you can stay productive, and at the same time, keep track of all those interesting sites you’ve come across.
You can quickly access previously saved tabs and save them with one click of a mouse.
Block Site allows you to stay focused and block any websites that you can’t stay away from.
Simply add the webpages to your block list, and every time you want to visit them, Block Site will redirect you to a special page animated by the funny mascot Mr. Wips.
Other features include:
- Block words: block specific search queries on search engines and URLs
- Adult related list of blocked words: block the predefined bad and profanity words. This option is very useful for parents.
- Active days & times: you can choose the days and time intervals when you want the tool to be active so that you don’t procrastinate during certain activities.
Procrastinator blocks unnecessary distractions, helping you to fight against your procrastination tendencies.
Unlike other website blockers, Procrastinator offers you many customization options: you can add your own URL, and decide how long particular websites should be blocked.
You can also block sub-sets of websites using pattern matching techniques, as well as regular expressions to fine-tune dangerous websites.
Human beings can’t work for hours on end. From time to time, we need to take a break and relax.
The only problem appears when these breaks take longer than expected and we indulge in not-so-productive activities.
TimeDoser helps you stay focused by selecting the amount of time for work and breaks. You can also switch on/off notifications, audio, and much more in order to eliminate the factors that may disturb your concentration.
With TimeDoser you’ll become more productive and you’ll be able to control those annoying procrastination tendencies that you may experience from time to time.
The four tools listed above are valuable allies in your battle against procrastination. If this unproductive behavior is quite deep-rooted, you may want to install more than one anti-procrastination tool.
Tell us which tool works best for you. It can be one of these, or perhaps you’ve got another app that you prefer. Your feedback is welcome in the comments section.
FAQ: Learn more about Google Chrome
- How do I find my Chrome extensions?
- Open the Chrome Menu.
- Choose More Tools
- Select Extensions.
- Can Chrome extensions be dangerous?
Chrome extensions are usually perfectly safe. However, sometimes you might see extension errors that block other apps – it’s not because they are harmful, but because something is not working properly.
- What is the difference between a Chrome app and an extension?
Chrome app is a web application that has its page that you need to visit to use it. On the other hand, a web extension enhances Chrome’s functionality.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in January 2017 and was revamped and updated in April 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.