Microsoft Surface Pro 3 is one of the most popular Microsoft’s devices, and recently this device got a firmware update, but it seems that users are complaining about the number of issues that have occurred after the firmware update, so let’s see if there’s a way to fix those issues.
Users have reported number of issues such as Blue Screen of Death errors such as DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE BSOD, problems with sleep mode such as long boot or wake times from sleep mode and random restarts of Surface Pro 3.
As you can see, these are all issues that can seriously affect your user experience and make your device almost unusable. This is especially important if you use your device for work or school projects since these issues will seriously affect your performance and system stability. Despite these serious problems, there’s is one solution that should fix most of these problems.
How To Fix Surface Pro 3 Issues After January 2016 Firmware Update
Solution – Roll back the Surface Pen Settings driver to the older version
According to the users it seems that 19/01/2016 firmware update caused some issues with the Surface Pen Settings driver and this is the main culprit for Blue Screen of Death error, sleep mode issues and random restarts. Good news is that you can easily fix this by simply rolling back the Surface Pen Settings driver to the older version. To do so follow these instructions:
- Right click the Start Menu icon and choose Device Manager from the menu.
- When Device Manager opens find and expand Human Interface Devices section.
- Find and double click the Surface Pen Settings.
- Go to the Driver tab to view the version of the driver.
- If the driver version is 10.0.302.0 click the Roll Back Driver button and follow the steps to install the version 126.96.36.199 of the driver.
- After the older version of the driver has been installed restart your Surface Pro 3.
So far Microsoft is working on a better solution, but Microsoft officials suggest that rolling back Surface Pen Settings is the best solution so far, so make sure that you try it out.