Target Website Not Working in Chrome: How to Quickly Fix It
- Old cookies and cached files are common reasons why you may not be able to access Target.
- Before jumping into any complex resolutions, we advise you first to confirm that the servers are not down.
- You will be able to use the chat support to troubleshoot other issues with using Target.
Shopping is an integral part of our life. Sometimes we need an excuse to walk into a shop and feed the eye. But in recent years, shopping has taken new dimensions, and you do not have to leave home to get all you need.
Target is a prime example and is one of the most visited online stores worldwide.
Connecting with your internet may not always be the smoothest experience as website servers or bad internet could put a damper on the experience.
Here we cover what you must do when the Target website is not working in Chrome. For more general problems, you may follow our guide for steps on what to do when websites can’t be reached.
Why is the Target website not working?
You may not be able to visit the Target website if you have old cache stored on your system. Another common reason is if the Target website servers are down. In the latter case, you may only be able to wait for servers to come back up before trying again.
Does Target have chat support?
Yes, Target has chat support, and it will display on the Target website when it is available.
Try a different browser. If the Target website is not down and the problem is with Chrome, you should be able to open it using an alternative. We recommend Opera.
It uses a fraction of the resources Chrome does and is very fast and secure. Use the battery saver and the hardware acceleration to boost performance.
OperaUse Opera to check the latest Target offers and shop online with no worries!
What can I do if Target doesn’t work in Chrome?
1. Check if the website is down
- Navigate to the Down Detector website.
- Check the graph to see if and when Target has been down.
- If it is down, try again later.
The Down Detector website will give you details, such as if Target’s website is down today.
2. Confirm you have an internet connection
You could easily have forgotten to plug in your ethernet cable, or you forget to turn on your Wi-Fi. If this is the case, turn it on and try to visit the Target Website. It should work if the servers are not down and you have working internet.
3. Clear the browser cache
- Launch the browser.
- Click on the ellipses at the top right corner, select More tools and select Clear browser data.
- Tick the checkboxes for Browsing history, Cookies and other site data, and Cached images and files, then click on the Clear data button.
With these tips, you should have successfully fixed any connection problems with the Target website.
However, if you have issues with Target’s website not loading products, you may contact customer support once you rule out the possibility of a bad internet connection.
Finally, if you have issues with Target app checkout not working, you may contact support for a resolution.
Still having issues? Fix them with this tool:
If the advices above haven't solved your issue, your PC may experience deeper Windows problems. We recommend downloading this PC Repair tool (rated Great on TrustPilot.com) to easily address them. After installation, simply click the Start Scan button and then press on Repair All.