How to fix “The website is not accessible” error on Windows 10
alAccessing a particular website could sometimes become impossible, while others can be quite easy to view. This inability may be attributed to a variety of technical issues.
If the site is down due to routine maintenance or other reasons then, you only need to wait patiently.
This issue may be associated with your device or computer, provided you can load the site on other devices.
To fix this error, you may require an anti-malware or an antivirus to initiate a thorough scan on your device. Additionally, checking your internet connectivity settings to ensure that everything is right, could be the simple fix you require.
These tips vary from basic troubleshooting to more technical remedies.
The website is not accessible? Here’s how to fix that
1. Use a different device or network
- Connect one device to your network (WIFI) and another device, to an entirely different network (mobile network). Try to load the website on both devices to ascertain if the issue is with the site or with your network.
- If the site is still not accessible regardless of the network, then the website is likely down.
To check the availability of the site, use a website status checker such “Is It Down Right Now?” to monitor it. Click “check, ” and the status of the website will be displayed.
2. Disable your antivirus temporarily
It is likely that an antivirus web inspection plugin may be responsible for your inability to access a particular site. Therefore, disable the software and try loading the website again.
The procedure for temporarily disabling an antivirus may vary depending on the antivirus program in use.
- Enter into the antivirus software, locate internet security control tab or parental control,
- click on the tab and disable internet security/parental control.
- You may get a pop-up that your action is not safe, just ignore and click ok.
- Retry the website and ensure that your re-enable the antivirus software when you are done
Note: Ensure that you have only one antivirus software installed on your device to avoid conflicting protection. And if you have McAfee or Norton installed, consider uninstalling both software because they are known to cause website inaccessibility problems.
3. Check Internet connectivity and browser settings
To fix browser connection settings, follow these procedures:
Website accessibility issues may occur if a browser is set to connect using a proxy.
- Check browser connection settings todisable proxy server. The instructions may vary depending on your browser.
Firefox – Click the Firefox menu – Options – Advanced – Network – Settings – select Use system proxy setting or No proxy.
Internet Explorer – Click the Tools menu(Alt + X) – Internet Options – Connections – LAN settings – uncheck Use a proxy server for LAN and Check Automatically detect settings.
Safari – Click the Edit menu – Preferences – Advanced – Change Settings – Uncheck any active proxy
Chrome – Click the Chrome menu – Settings – Click the drop menu on the left and select Show advanced settings– Change proxy settings – LAN settings–Uncheck Use a proxy server for LAN and Check Automatically detect setting.
- Try loading the website again.
- Check browser configurations to be sure it is enabled. The steps may vary depending on your browser.
Firefox – type about:config into the URL bar and a search field will appear.
Internet Explorer – Click the Tools menu(Alt + X) – Internet Options –Security – Custom level – Scroll to Scripting section – Enable Active scripting.
Chrome – Click the Chrome menu – Settings
- Click the drop menu on the left and select Show advanced settings
- Click Content settings in Privacy and Security Section
To reset router/modem, follow these procedures:
Due to traffic or congestion, a particular site might become inaccessible, resetting your router/modem may grant you access again.
- Disconnect the modem/router from power source and wait for some moment
- Connect back to power source and wait for initialization
- After successful initialization, retry loading the site again
Note: Completely resetting your browser may also be helpful because your browser is restored to developer’s settings.
4. Scan your device for malware
- Download any of these programs, install it and launch with administrator’s permission
- Locate the scan button and click to commence, update the anti-malware software if need be
- And after completing the scan, remove or quarantine all the files found during scanning
- Close the software, reboot your device, and try revisiting the particular site.
5.Troubleshoot DNS (Domain Name System) settings
The translation of domain names on the web into Internet Protocol addresses to establish connection to websites is done by DNS. A corrupt local DNS file means that some particular websites will not be accessible. Therefore, DNS flushing may be required, to get rid of corrupted DNS information.
To flush your DNS configurations, follow these procedures:
- Press WinKey + R – type cmd and click Ok –input ipconfig/flushdns – press Enter – wait for confirmation message – Exit cmd.
- You will be required to input administrator’s password.
- Having flushed your previous DNS information, you will need to find a new one.
- Search for free DNS lists from providers on the web.
Note that the primary and secondary DNS will be required and it is recommended that you make use of an OpenDNS of GoogleDNS for better accessibility.
To connect to a new Domain Name System, follow these procedures:
- Press WinKey + R and input ncpa.cpl to open Network Connections Panel
- right-click on the appropriate network adapter and choose Properties
- select TCP/IPv4
- click Properties
- check Use the following DNS server addresses
- enter the DNS of your choice and click Ok.
The website(s) should now be accessible.
Related stories to check out:
- How to fix Google Chrome black screen issue in Windows 10
- ‘Critical Process Died’ in Windows 10: Fix this Error
- Top 10 file recovery software for Windows users
Browsers are essential tools for surfing the Internet. Also, the interface of any browser is crucial for providing a user-friendly experience. However, this feature is […]
While using the Power Bi desktop app you may face some issues with your data and file. One such error is related to Power Bi […]
The built-in Windows Photos app allows you to edit photos as well as play videos of multiple formats apart from viewing images. Sometime, the app […]