Read the affiliate disclosure page to find out how can you help Windows Report effortlessly and without spending any money. Read more
- The This site can't be reached error is one of the most common website issues, but with some uncommon fixes.
- Explore this guide to find out more about this error, what causes it, and how to resolve it.
- Don't hesitate to bookmark our extensive What-is section for more useful guides on this topic.
- Our extensive Browsers Hub contains some other easy-to-follow guides so make sure to check it out.
If you’re seeing the Site can’t be reachedwhile trying to browse the internet, you must know that this is a very common occurrence.
Here is how the full error message looks like, noting that there is a large variety of formats in this case:
This site can’t be reached. The connection was reset.
Read on to explore this subject further.
Why do I keep getting this site can’t be reached?
The most common situations in which this error message occurs is if your Internet Provider has blocked the website you’re trying to visit, if some Windows settings are not set correctly, or if your internet connection is not set up properly.
It is worth noting that the exact error message you get will vary depending on the exact circumstances you find yourself in, but the troubleshooting steps required to fix them are the same.
Here are some errors that fit into the same category of fixes:
- The webpage might be temporarily down
- This site can’t be reached
- Hm we can’t reach this page
The errors mentioned above apply to all browsers: Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Opera, and Safari.
Here is a list of some of the most common searches regarding this subject:
- Plex this site can’t be reached
- Netflix this site can’t be reached
- Opera This site can’t be reached
- Facebook this site can’t be reached
- This site can’t be reached Windows 10
- This site cannot be reached Microsoft Edge
- This site can’t be reached localhost refused to connect
- This site can’t be reached err_connection_timed_out
- This site can’t be reached unexpectedly closed the connection
- This site can’t be reached server IP address could not be found
- This site can’t be reached the connection was reset. err_connection_reset
- This site can’t be reached Mac / Xfinity site says this site can’t be reached on Mac
- This site can’t be reached unexpectedly closed the connection. err_connection_closed
- Gmail this site can’t be reached / this site can’t be reached mail.google.com is currently unreachable
- This site can’t be reached Chrome/Can’t get onto sites with Chrome/This site can’t be reached unexpectedly closed
What does the This site can’t be reached error mean?
This annoying error message can appear for a variety of reasons, including an issue with your internet provider, a problem with your WiFi configuration, an issue with the web-server itself, a problem with your hardware, or even a wrong setting on your PC.
Because of the variety of reasons for getting this error message, it might be hard to identify the right fit for your situation, but the next section should help you with this task.
How can I fix This site can’t be reached?
Google Chrome: This site can’t be reached
Some users have encountered thison Google Chrome, in which case the message will also contain the ERR_CONNECTION_RESET added to the text (in some cases).
Even though the base of the issue is the same, the resolution for it will be different, so make sure to check out how to fix this error on Chrome.
Also, sometimes this pesky issue can appear with another format in the same browser, which is the Err_connection_aborted error.
This site cannot be reached Microsoft Edge
In the case of this Hmm, we can’t reach this page.appearing on Microsoft Edge, the message reads
This site can’t be reached Windows 10 error
For others, the error message appears randomly, even when no specific browser is used at the time, which has left a large number of people with a lot more questions than in the case of a specific software occurrence.
We explored this specific subject further (while also mentioning the possible software that’s causing it), in our thorough ERR_CONNECTION_RESET error on Windows 10 guide, so make sure to explore it to find the solution.
As mentioned previously, to make the situation even more confusing, sometimes even the text of the error message appears differently.
You will find more details about this issue while exploring our detailed Webpage might be temporarily down error guide.
We hope this guide has managed to clear up any questions you might have had about this annoying error. Make sure to explore the recommended links to resolve this issue effectively.
If you have any suggestions or want to share your experience with us, make sure to use the comment section below.