- If you want to share screen on Microsoft Teams, you can do that from the Taskbar.
- To do that, you just need to start the call and click the share option from the desired app.
- Keep in mind that to use this feature you need to have to enabled in the Settings app.
Microsoft is determined to make Teams a core component of Windows 11 and to integrate it fully with the new operating system.
To achieve that, the company has implemented a way to quickly and easily share your screen with Microsoft Teams during the call with just a single click.
In case you’re not familiar with this feature, in today’s guide, we’re going to show you how to share your screen in Microsoft Teams from the Taskbar on Windows 11.
How do I hide the taskbar in Microsoft Teams?
How can I share my screen on Microsoft Teams using my Taskbar?
Use the Taskbar icons
- Start a call on Microsoft Teams.
- In the Taskbar, hover over the application whose window you want to share.
- Now click on the Share this window button.
- Select Share to confirm.
- After you’re done, hover over the application in the Taskbar and pick Stop sharing.
As you can see, using this feature is incredibly simple and intuitive to use.
How can I enable or disable Taskbar screen sharing?
- Press Windows key + I to open the Settings app.
- Go to Personalization and in the right pane pick Taskbar.
- Expand the Taskbar behaviors section and check Share any window from my taskbar.
If you want to disable this feature, just uncheck this checkbox and that’s it.
How we test, review and rate?
We have worked for the past 6 months on building a new review system on how we produce content. Using it, we have subsequently redone most of our articles to provide actual hands-on expertise on the guides we made.
For more details you can read how we test, review, and rate at WindowsReport.
Keep in mind that this feature might not be available for you since Microsoft plans to release it for school and work users before making it available to the home users.
More good news is the fact that this won’t be limited Teams, because other communications applications can also use this new feature.
Why can’t I share my screen on Microsoft Teams?
There are multiple reasons for this issue, and in most cases the problem is related to your network connection. To share screen you need a fast and reliable connection.
Your screen resolution can also be a problem, and if you’re using a 4K display, you might want to try switching to a lower resolution.
Alternatively, you can also use a different screen sharing software for Windows if Teams isn’t working for you.
If you want to take your collaboration to a new level, then Pexip might be what you need. This service integrates perfectly with Microsoft Teams and allows others to seamlessly join meetings.
The service also offers crystal clear audio and high-definition video, so you’ll experience the best possible quality during the online meetings.
This is a welcome feature, and it will allow all Teams users to share their screen more intuitively, with fewer clicks.
For more information about the software, we suggest reading our guide on how to use Microsoft Teams on Windows 11.
What other useful features do you think should be added to Teams? Share your opinion with us in the comments section below.