A wide number of Origin users have seen the error That didn’t go as planned. Origin encountered an issue loading this page starting to appear randomly.
Here is what one user had to say about this issue on the EA Answers forums:
Well, that didn’t go as planned. Origin encountered an issue loading this page. Please try reloading it – if that doesn’t work, restart the client or try again later. Please help me !
In today’s fix article we will discuss the best methods to apply to sort this issue out and get back to playing your favorite games in no time. Read on to find out how to do it.
Here’s what to try to fix the That didn’t go as planned error in Origin
1. Clear registry entries using CCleaner
- Download and install CCleaner to your hard-drive.
- Open CCleaner -> choose the Registry option from the left-side menu.
- Click on the Scan for Issues button and wait for the process to complete.
- Make sure to select all the results founds by the scan -> press the Fix selected Issues button.
2. Make sure your Origin software can run normally
It is imperative that your Firewall or Antivirus software is not blocking access to your Origin application.
The steps to whitelist Origin will vary depending on the antivirus software you’re using, but if you utilize the Windows Defender Firewall, you can follow these steps:
- Click on Cortana search box and type in Windows Defender Security Center -> open it.
- Select Firewall & network protection.
- Click the link named Allow an app through firewall.
- Click on the Change settings button.
- Scroll down and select Origin from the list (or click Allow another app button if you can’t find it)
- Make sure that Origin has both Private and Public access by ticking the respective boxes.
- Press Ok to save the settings.
3. Delete Origin cache files
In order to be able to delete the Origin cache files, you will need to make hidden folders in Windows 10 visible. Follow these steps to do so:
- Click the Cortana search box -> type folder.
- Select the first result from the top called File Explorer Options.
- Click the View tab inside the newly opened window.
- Scroll down and under the Hidden files and folders section -> tick the box next to Show hidden files, folders, and drives.
- Press Ok.
To delete Origin cache files:
- Navigate to C:\Program Data and delete the Origin folder.
- Delete the Origin folder found at the location
- Also, delete the Origin folder from this location on your hard-drive:
C:\Users \<username> \AppData\Roaming
Note: The <username> entry in the paths above is your PC’s user name.
In today’s fix article we explored the best methods to fix the That didn’t go as planned error message inside Origin.
We hope that this guide managed to get you back to playing games normally.
If it did, please feel free to let us know if this guide helped you solve your issue by simply using the comment section found below.