- The Sims is one of EA's most popular franchises, with millions of players logging in daily.
- Unfortunately, many users have reported that they cannot change the game language on a variety of platforms, and this can cause frustration.
- Our guide covers the steps required to change your Sims 4 language no matter what platform you play on.
Changing languages in The Sims 4 is not as easy as it may seem. This article will explain how to change the game language and list the elements that condition this process.
Here’s what one user is saying:
What languages is The Sims 4 available in?
The Sims 4 will be available in a variety of languages. Thus almost anybody on the planet can have endless hours of fun without worrying about language barriers.
Here are the languages you will be able to play The Sims 4 in:
|French||Swedish||Norwegian||Brazilian Portuguese||Chinese (Traditional)||Korean|
Now that we’ve cleared up any possible worries about not being able to understand The Sims 4 gameplay and storyline, let’s dive into how you can change the language quickly.
How do I change the language in Sims 4?
➡ Change the Sims 4 language on PS4/PS5
- Open the Settings from the PS dashboard.
- Scroll down until you find Language in the list. Then, open it by pressing X.
- Choose your preferred language from the drop-down list that appears.
- The game will now launch in the language you selected.
➡ Change the Sims 4 language on Xbox
- Open the Xbox menu.
- Choose Settings.
- Click on System Settings.
- Enter the Console Settings option.
- Find the Language and Locale entry, and click on Language.
- Select your desired language from the list.
➡ Change the Sims 4 language on Steam
– Game language settings
- Open your Steam Library.
- Right-click on the Sims 4 game and select Properties (for the example, we are using Counter-Strike).
- Open the Language tab.
- Choose the language you want to use by clicking the drop-down menu.
– Steam language settings
- Log into your Steam account.
- Click Steam from the top menu.
- Open the Settings.
- Click the Interface tab.
- Choose the language you prefer from the drop-down menu.
- Click OK and choose the Restart Steam option.
➡ Change the Sims 4 language on Origin
Changing the Sims 4 language on the EA app named Origin is a straightforward task:
- Log into your Origin Client account.
- Open the My Game Library option by clicking it.
- Right-click the Sims 4 entry, and choose Game Properties.
- Click the Advanced Launch Options and select your desired language from the drop-down.
As you can see, changing the language for your Sims 4 game on Origin is very simple. If you’re using another setup to play this game, continue reading.
2. Change The Sims 4 language from the Windows registry editor
Other users have confirmed that the following workaround does the trick and will allow you to change language without Origin for The Sims 4 game:
- Go to Start, type run, and launch Regedit.
- Go to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Wow6432Node/Maxis/The Sims 4
- Change the Locale value to the desired language. For example, add pt_BR for Brazilian Portuguese.
However, remember that this Sims 4 language change mod doesn’t work for all users.
3. Change the game config file
If you don’t like editing the Registry, you can tweak the RIdOrigina.ini file. First, navigate to the folder where you installed your The Sims 4, and then open the GameBinRldOrigin.ini with Notepad.
Locate the line “Language,” and you should see a semicolon at the beginning of the line.
Remove the semicolon to activate the language of your choice. You can also change the language by using the following codes:
cs_CZ = Czech
da_DK = Danish
de_DE = German
en_US = US English
es_ES = Spanish (Spain)
fi_FI = Finnish
fr_FR = French (France)
it_IT = Italian
ja_JP = Japanese
nl_NL = Dutch
pl_PL = Polish
pt_BR = Portuguese (Brazil)
ru_RU = Russian
sv_SE = Swedish
zh_TW= Chinese (Traditional)
Save the file, launch the game, and that’s all. However, for the particular case you can’t get to the folder or encounter any file explorer issues, we’ve prepared this complete guide to getting you past any problems.
If you don’t like Notepad or you’re looking for an alternative, check out this list of note-taking apps and choose one that’s right for you.
It’s worth mentioning that in CIS countries, The Sims 4 is only available in Russian and Polish. Unfortunately, this means that gamers can’t change the game language.
4. Use the Sims 4 Language Changer
We need to specify that you will be downloading these files at your own risk, as our security systems can not vet the download source.
That being said, the same installer has been downloaded, scanned with an antivirus, and installed on our systems to ensure that it doesn’t pose any danger to your system.
- Update the game to the latest version to have all languages downloaded.
- Download the Language Changer installer.
- Open it and select your preferred language.
Not all games will change their language depending on the system language, so that these steps can help considerably.
For more fun while playing the game, check out our article on how to install Sims 4 mods.
If you’re aware of another solution to the problem, please share it with us in the comments section below. Also, leave any other questions, and we’ll be sure to take a look.
Frequently Asked Questions
Depending on which platform you are using, there are a few ways to change the language in Sims 4 by changing the game’s config files.
As shown above, it only takes a few seconds to change the language in Sims 4 on Xbox One.
Changing the language in Sims 4 on the PlayStation is much easier than on the Xbox. Just follow the steps above and you’ll have it sorted in no time.