- Plenty of TotalAV users describe how repeated Internet connection issues stop them from enjoying it.
- If your VPN is not working either, try out a premium solution or apply some general fixes.
- For example, you can overcome this problem by connecting to a VPN on a virtual machine.
- You can also use TotalAV for torrenting and other peer-to-peer activities.
Can’t connect to TotalAV VPN on Wi-Fi? Read on to find out why it happens and how to resolve it.
TotalAV VPN, like other strong VPN services, has important features such as secure encryption, zero monitoring, IP and location hiding so third parties cannot track you online, and public Wi-Fi protection.
This VPN offers total anonymity with connection to over 30 locations on its premium service, plus it is simple, fast, and unrestricted.
You can also unlock your favorite sites from any location and access content worldwide, with limitless data and 99.99 percent uptime.
There are several factors that contribute when you can’t connect to TotalAV VPN on WiFi, but we’ve listed some solutions you can try below.
What can I do if TotalAV VPN is not working?
1. Try out a premium VPN
Unlike TotalAV VPN, Private Internet Access (PIA) is a highly compatible tool that will never put you in this unfortunate position of looking for troubleshooting procedures.
PIA offers a number of great features that make it one of the best full VPNs to download and install right away.
With its strict policy of not keeping records of any of its customers, there’s no doubt that this Kape Technologies VPN provider is of great value.
And if you’re still not sure, the 30-day money-back guarantee means you can try it for a month with zero risks if you change your mind.
Private Internet Access
Private Internet Access is a premium choice that will make you forget all about TotalAV VPN. Claim the best deal with no hesitation!
2. General troubleshooting
- If you are receiving authentication error messages when attempting TotalAV VPN on a WiFi connection, either your email address, username, or password is not being accepted to make the connection.
- If you are connecting via the app and seeing authentication error messages, it would be carried out a password reset and then try connecting again. If you connect manually, please remember that your username isn’t your email address.
- Some VPN protocols are more reliable than others like PPTP and are not as stable as OpenVPN. If you have problems with PPTP, attempt connection a few times, or change out the protocol to OpenVPN.
- Try connecting via a different network. If you are able to connect on 3G or 4G, it could be that the original network being used has blocks that are preventing the VPN connection. On a public network, the System Admin may intentionally be blocking VPN connections to stop people from getting up to activities as they would rather they didn’t. On home networks, some Internet Service Providers block VPN, either on the router firmware or at their end of the network. You can contact your ISP about using TotalVPN on their service.
3. Connect to VPN on Virtual Machines
If you’re trying to connect TotalAV VPN using a virtual machine, you need to tweak the network adapter settings per the virtual environment.
For example, Oracle VirtualBox will default virtual machines to NAT, which is unlikely to work with the TotalAV VPN software and manually configured connections on Windows.
You will need to change it to a Bridged Adapter option.
4. Quick tips to apply if you keep getting disconnected
There are several, different reasons why your connection could be dropping which means you can’t connect to TotalAV VPN on WiFi.
Most likely it will be your router dropping the connection for a split second. Your VPN connection realizes on secured pings every few seconds between the software and our servers.
If this ping is not received, the connection will drop. To keep your connection totally secure, re-authenticate the connection after dropping.
This procedure can be frustrating at times, but it has been specifically designed to prevent your connection from being compromised.
If this happens, do the following:
- Try connecting to a different server, as there might be a high load on the current server that you are connected to.
- Try changing the protocol, because it can be down within the settings section of the application, so do this under VPN connection’s protocols.
- Try connecting from another device to see if the issue is with your device.
5. Use TotalAV VPN for Torrent and P2P connections
If you can’t connect to TotalAV VPN on WiFi, check the torrent and P2P connections if this is what you use the VPN for.
After all, TotalAV VPN has a new dedicated server for Peer-to-Peer File Sharing (P2P) and Torrent downloads. To connect with the app, select the P2P from the server list, and click on Connect.
If you have trouble connecting, change the protocol to automatic or PPTP. A green dot confirming that you have connected to the server will show after a successful connection.
Note: TotalAV VPN uses servers in The Netherlands.
If you are using TotalAV VPN for anything else, select a different server. This is to allow a more stable connection for those using P2P and Torrent downloads.
Did any of these solutions help when you can’t connect to TotalAV VPN on WiFi, or is there a specific issue you get on your device? Let us know by leaving your comment in the section below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Total AV isn’t a scam. However, users do feel betrayed when their VPN stops working out of the blue. In this case, we’ve got the quickest fixes for them.
No, TotalAV it isn’t free. However, it does offer a 30-day free trial for those who are undecided.