- Compressed folders are easier to work with and take up less space on your device.
- You are one step away from discovering the quickest way to turn a folder into a ZIP file.
- Follow the below procedures with detailed steps for both Windows 10 and Mac.
Assume that you have received a ZIP file containing hundreds of folders over an email sent by your friend. You already have your photos organized in folders and ready to be displayed.
It’s clearly easier for you to work this way, not to mention that the ZIP takes up less space. Therefore, don’t hesitate to also learn to turn a folder into a ZIP file.
Rest assured that you can work with zipped files in the same way that you currently do with uncompressed folders.
For similar solutions and further guidance, feel free to bookmark this Tech Tutorials Hub.
How can I turn a folder into a ZIP file on Windows 10 and Mac?
The below procedures cover the steps you need to follow in order to convert a folder to a ZIP file, so don’t hesitate to take a closer look.
How to turn a folder into a zip file Windows 10
You can easily zip a folder using the WinZip application. It is a file archive and compressor that allows you to convert any type of files into zip format, as well as extract zip files.
1. Install a professional compression software
Download WinZip and install it on your computer.
After you installed WinZip, go and find the folders you want to zip in order to start the process.
3. Select the folders you want to convert
Select the folders and right-click on them.
4. In the WinZip sub-menu, choose Add to [filename].zip(x) or Add to Zip file
The second one gives you the chance to specify your own Zip file name, encryption, compression type, conversion options, as well as the destination folder.
5. Wait for the conversion to be complete
It will only take you a few seconds.
As you can see above, all it takes is to follow a few simple steps in order to easily create a ZIP file from your folders with WinZip.
Other useful options are convenient access to Background Tools, banking-grade encryption, and seamless integration with Microsoft Teams, so you’ll find your current choice useful in the future too.
Winzip for Windows
Looking for a way to turn a folder into a ZIP file? Try out WinZip and you’ll easily achieve your goal!
How can I turn a folder into a ZIP file in Mac?
- Download WinZip for Mac and install it.
- Open a folder window and locate the folder you want to zip.
- Then, just right-click the folder.
- You can now choose Add to filename.zip or another Add option that suits you better from the WinZip submenu.
Once again, in order to turn a folder into a ZIP file in Mac, we recommend giving a try to WinZip. Given its ease of usage, comprehensive interface, and unquestionable speed, it won’t disappoint you.
Useful options such as convenient zipping, even when it comes to large files, and direct sharing to Dropbox, Google Drive, and iCloud Drive are available as well.
Winzip for Mac
If you want to easily turn a folder into a ZIP file on Mac, look no further. WinZip is our top recommendation!
In order to easily organize your data, take a look at our File Management Software section.
Have you successfully completed the above procedure and managed to turn a folder into a ZIP file? Let us know in the comments below.