- Twitch is a streaming service aimed at video games that allows user to watch or publish live streamings or pre-recorded videos of them playing a game.
- Owned by Amazon, they released a Desktop App for Windows which includes all the functionalities from the web.
- If you are a Twitch fan, take a look at our Twitch section on the website.
- See more of our recommended software and updates to get in the Download Windows 10 section.
Why download Twitch desktop app?
Twitch gains more ground
A while ago, Twitch was nothing more than a platform used by gamers to stream videos while playing their favorite games. Players still use it for this purpose, but many people now use the platform for general interactions and vlogging. Twitch entered the desktop market thanks to a dedicated app.
Twitch Desktop App features
The desktop app provides access to all the features that Twitch users have known and loved so far, as well as many new exclusive tools. It includes memes, streams, and you can watch all your favorite VODs, clips and live streams. You also get the Twitch chat and the opportunity to support your favorite streamers with Bits and Subscriptions.
The latest update even got extensions working.
- Dark Mode: now, everything you do on Twitch becomes more friendly with your eyes and you can late night stream without any problems.
- Friends: using the Twitch Desktop App’s Friend Sync, you can now find all your friends from across the creator-verse.
- Twitch Desktop Apps’ servers: with these servers, communities have a place where they can hang out non-stop with text and voice rooms.
- Mods and Addons: the app includes CurseForge which is a game mod community where thousands of mods and add-ons are shared for lots of games.
- Voice and Video Calls: on Twitch web you can send private messages to your friends with Whispers, but in the desktop app, you can get more personal with voice and video calls.
You can get the app from Twitch’s official website.
FAQ: Learn more about Twitch Desktop app
- What is the twitch desktop app?
The Desktop app that you install in Windows 10 is designed for games and broadcasters alike. It offers a lot of features that you can read about in our article.
- Can you stream from the Twitch desktop app?
Yes. Everything you love doing on Twitch on the web is available on the desktop version as well.
- Can you call on twitch?
Yes. Using the Twitch Desktop app, users can initiate voice calls with their friends.
Editor’s note: This post was originally published in August 2017 and has been since revamped and updated in May 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.