The UC Browser for Windows 10 PC lands in the Windows Store
While the UC Browser may be far from the top browser, the program is increasingly gaining traction among mobile and desktop users. Now, the UC Browser is a step closer to dominating the mobile and desktop browser market after developer UCweb finally released the app’s Universal Windows Platform version to Windows Store.
UCweb announced several months ago that it would launch UC Browser on the Windows 10 PCs. The goal is to rival existing browsers that dominate the segment such as Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge. However, the browser won’t be available for mobile users. Also, it remains unclear when the developer plans to launch the mobile version of the app.
UC Browser features
UC Browser comes equipped with Cloud Sync, Voice Search, Tile-view Bookmarks, and Password Manager. Other features of the browser include:
- Minimalist UI: Focus on the content.
- Switch Between Tablet and Mouse/Keyboard Mode: If you are using a 2-in-1 computer like Surface Pro or Surface Book, it’s easy to switch the layout by turning on/off Tablet Mode. Find the most comforta
- Mouse Gesture: Right-click and move to go back, forward, reload page, etc.
- Smart Address Bar(Omnibar): Just type one letter to get most relevant suggestion. You can also use it to find matching bookmarks and browsing history, or enter any words to launch search engine.
- Tile-view Bookmarks: Colorful and touch-friendly design for bookmarks.
- InPrivate Window: Don’t want to leave browsing trace on the device? Go for InPrivate Window.
- Cloud Sync: Sync bookmarks between mobile/other PCs by logging in to UC browser.
- New Tab: Metro-style Magnet for popular sites.
- Password Manager: Store your login info of all kinds of websites and lock them with a PIN. Easy to retrieve and edit.
- Voice Search: Tap the microphone icon and say the words. We will take care of the rest.
- Tab Stack: Smart tab-stacking to locate the active tab in a glance when there are many tabs open.
- Floating Navigator: Use the sphere to quickly search, go forward and back, and view all the tabs.
You can now download UC Browser from the Windows Store.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- How to record web browser actions in Chrome
- Is Vivaldi’s browser running slowly for you? Here’s how you can speed it up
- Secure your Chrome browser with the Avast Online Security extension
AltGr is an essential key when you want to customize your keyboard to type in another language, for instance, Spanish. But users often face problems […]
Errors like the avipbb.sys can be very frustrating for a beginner to fix. Even some professionals might encounter issues while fixing this error. Having this […]