For instance, users sometimes report a delay when opening or switching to another tab.
Thankfully, there are a few workarounds that you can perform to speed up the browser‘s performance.
How to improve Vivaldi’s browsing performance
If you don’t want to go through the two troubleshooting steps listed above, you can simply switch to a different browser.
Looking for a really fast browser? Try UR Browser
If your major preoccupation is the speed, look no further than UR Browser.
Lightning fast and incredibly secure, it should provide you with the most seamless browsing experience you had till today.
The browser you’ve probably never heard of is here to take over with its privacy-oriented nature and nimble performance.
Even if you don’t have a bandwidth to brag about, UR Browser will still utilize the full potential of what both your PC and network have to offer.
Not to mention that download speeds are above-and-beyond better than the competition.
The intuitive design helps on its own, as you have all your favorite websites separated in categories for easier access and speedier workflow.
We at WindowsReport highly recommend UR Browser for its versatility, privacy protection, and speed.
If you prefer to keep using Vivaldi, then check out these two troubleshooting methods to make your browser fast again.
1. Close the settings page
One culprit can be an opened settings page (vivaldi://settings/all/). Normally, your first stop is in the settings tab as you might want to make some tweaks to the browser before using it.
Once you finish customizing the browser, make sure to close the settings page. Otherwise, Vivaldi will delay other browser activities.
2. Modify or disable browser functions
First off, there are caveats associated with speeding up Vivaldi. If you cannot live without all of the features of the browser, do not perform the following changes.
However, you may choose to do away with some features and functionality to increase the speed of Vivaldi. Extensions can also slow down your browser, so you may want to disable some of them.
Then sift through the various browser settings and set your preferences for optimum performance.
- vivaldi://settings/startup/ – set the New Tab page to “specific pages” without actually assigning a certain URL to the field.
- vivaldi://settings/startup/ – enable the “Lazy Load Restored Tabs” option if you previously configured the browser to load the last session upon startup.
- vivaldi://settings/appearance/ – Uncheck the”use animation” and “use buttons in range controls” boxes.
- vivaldi://settings/start-page/ — Uncheck the “show background image” box.
- vivaldi://settings/tabs/ – Uncheck the following options under the tabs menu: “show popup thumbnails”, “show tab thumbnails”, “detect page title notifications”, and “use unread indicators”.
- vivaldi://settings/addressbar/ — Uncheck “fast forward and rewind”.
- vivaldi://settings/mouse/ — Uncheck the “allow gestures” and “allow rocker gestures” boxes.
For more tips and tricks to speed up Vivaldi, you can check out this forum thread.
Do you know any other methods to speed up Vivaldi? Share them with us in the comments!
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- How to schedule themes in Vivaldi browser
- Interview: Opera founder Jon von Tetzchner speaks about Vivaldi
- Top 8 lightweight browsers for Windows users
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in May 2017 and has been since updated for freshness, and accuracy.