- Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition is a special version of Minecraft perfectly optimized to run on Windows 10 devices.
- The game is constantly updated, so knowing how to get the latest version is essential.
- If you like reading about this amazing game, then you should check out our dedicated Minecraft Hub.
- Casual and hardcore gamers should also visit out Gaming page as well.
Minecraft is one of the most widely played games in gaming history. To have all the latest content for Minecraft, you need to keep it updated.
Minecraft will usually update automatically, but players might sometimes need to manually check for updates to get the game fully updated. This is how you can update Minecraft Windows 10 Edition.
Four alternative methods for updating Minecraft
1. Update Minecraft with the MS Store app
If you play the Minecraft UWP app version, you can check for game updates via the MS Store.
- Click the MS Store shortcut on the Start menu.
- Click the See more button at the top right corner of the Microsoft Store app.
- Click Downloads and updates on the menu.
- Then you might see Minecraft in a pending download queue.
- If Minecraft isn’t listed within a download queue, click the Check for updates button. Then MS Store might find and download an available update for Minecraft.
2. Select the Force Update option
Those who play Minecraft: Java Edition for Windows can select a Force Update option.
- To do that, open the Minecraft Launcher window.
- Click the Options button.
- Click the Force update option.
- Click Login to update the game.
- Press the Done button.
3. Reinstall Minecraft UWP app
Reinstalling the game with the latest version is another way you can update Minecraft.
- To reinstall the Minecraft app, click Windows 10’s Type here to search button.
- Enter the keyword uninstall apps in the search box.
- Click Apps & features to open the Settings app as shown directly below.
- Select the Minecraft app there.
- Press the Uninstall button to remove it.
- Restart Windows before reinstalling Minecraft.
- Then click Get on the Minecraft’s MS Store page to reinstall the latest version.
4. Reinstall Minecraft: Java Edition
- To uninstall Minecraft: Java Edition, press the Windows key + R keyboard shortcut.
- Input appwiz.cpl in Run’s text box, and click the OK option.
- Select Minecraft in the Programs and Features applet.
- Click Uninstall to remove Minecraft.
- If you can’t find Minecraft listed in Programs and Features, open File Explorer.
- Enter %appdata% in File Explorer’s path bar to open the Roaming folder.
- Then right-click the .minecraft folder there and select Delete.
- Restart Windows after uninstalling the game.
- Open the Minecraft Launcher.
- Log in to Minecraft.
- Click the Play button on the Update Notes tab to install the latest Minecraft version.
5. How to fix Minecraft not updating
If an update error stops Microsoft updating, check for Windows 10 updates.
- Open the search utility.
- Type updates in the search box.
- Click Check for updates to open Settings as in the shot directly below.
- Press the Check for updates button to download pending updates.
- If a feature update is available, click Download and Install.
- To fix Microsoft Store update errors for Minecraft, try resetting MS Store.
- Open the Apps & features tab in Settings.
- Select the Microsoft Store app.
- Then click Advanced Options and the Reset button.
- Click Reset again to confirm.
So, there are various ways you can update Minecraft. Updating Minecraft will ensure you play the game with all its latest content. The latest updates for the game might also fix bugs discovered in previous versions.
FAQ: Learn more about Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition
- Is Minecraft: Windows 10 edition free?
Yes, those of you that own the original (Java Edition) game will also get the Windows 10 version of the game for free.
- What is Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition?
Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition is a version of Minecraft specially designed to run on Windows 10 PCs, tablets, and even HoloLens.
- Is Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition the same as the original game?
Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition doesn’t support mods, Realms, multiplayer with the traditional PC version, or third-party servers