Quick Fix: Surface Pro 2 Runaway System Process
Windows 10 is designed to work on variety of devices, but some Surface Pro 2 users are reporting certain issues. According to them, there are processes that will consume most of your memory or CPU power when the keyboard cover is removed, so let’s see if we can fix this issue.
Fix The Problem With Surface Pro 2 Runaway System Processes
Excessive CPU or RAM usage is always a problem since it will decrease your performance, drain your battery faster and heat your device, so let’s see how to fix that.
Solution 1 – Disable Windows Driver Foundation – User-mode Driver Framework Host
Windows Driver Foundation – User-mode Driver Framework Host or WUDFHost.exe is one of the processes that can consume a lot of computer power, so you might want to disable it.
- Open Task Manager. You can open it by pressing Ctrl + Shift + Esc on your keyboard.
- Find WUDFHost.exe in the list of processes, right click it, and choose End task.
- If you want to permanently to disable WUDFHost.exe, go to the Startup tab in Task Manager find WUDFHost.exe or
- Windows Driver Foundation, right click it, and choose Disable.
If for some reason your experience any issues, go to the Startup tab in Task Manager and
Solution 2 – Disable Sensor Service
- Press Windows Key + R and type services.msc and press Enter.
- Service window should open and now you need to find Sensor Service.
- Double click the Sensor Service and then click Stop to stop the service for running.
- Now set Startup type to Disabled to stop the service from running.
- Click Apply then OK to save the changes.
We have to mention that doing this will disable automatic rotation, but it should fix excessive CPU usage.
Solution 3 – Disable HIDV2 or SDO V2.
- Open Device Manager and go to Sensors section.
- Expand the section and find HIDV2 or SDO V2.
- When you find these drivers, right click them and choose disable.
- Restart your computer to see if the issue is resolved.
This will disable auto-rotation, so keep this in mind.
That would be all, I hope these solutions will help you with runaway system processes on your Surface Pro 2. If you have any questions, suggestions or comments, reach for our comment section below.
Read Also: Fix: My Lumia Phone Constantly Restarts
MS Office 2013 users can utilize templates for preformatted documents. However, some Office users have said that a Something went wrong while downloading your template […]
The new Windows Virtual Desktop (WVD) product and strategy announced last year in September is here. Well, the Redmond giant planned to offer an early […]
Microsoft just released KB4493132 to Windows 7 computers thus adding end of support notifications.The notifications remind users to upgrade to Windows 10 before January 14th, 2020. The […]