5 USB-C Ethernet adapters to connect your computer to the Internet
There aren’t many technology-focused gadgets that are more necessary for your home than a computer/tablet/phone and the fastest possible Internet connection.
Regardless of how expensive or budget-friendly your computer is, sporting the best Internet connection at home is one of the most vital elements that help you stay in touch with the outside world.
If your computer doesn’t come with a built-in WiFi connection, there are tons of USB Type C adapters on the market to help you get online. USB Type C is the new industry standard for all the next-generation laptops, smartphones, and all the major tech companies are embracing the USB Type C technology including Microsoft.
Most older machines don’t come with a built-in Internet connection and in such a case, having an adaptor is vital. The market is flooded with USB Type C WiFi and Ethernet adapters, and we want to make your choice much easier. That’s why we gathered the best five devices according to your preferences that will be great whether you’re streaming Netflix, playing an online game or simply browsing the web.
The best USB C Ethernet adapters to buy
- LENTION USB-C to 3-Port USB
- Kanex USB C to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter 8.25 Inches (21 cm)-White
- Cable Matters USB-C Multiport Adapter with 4K HDMI
- USB C Hub, VAVA USB C Ethernet Adapter
- USB-C to Ethernet Adapter, CableCreation USB Type C
1. LENTION USB-C to 3-Port USB adapter (recommended)
You can enhance your USB C devices such as tablets, phones and more to act as a host and to communicate with both the USB peripherals and directly with each other when a PC is not available.
Check out the best features of this device below:
- It comes with a portable design, and it’s much smaller than most USB C adapters on the market.
- It contains three USB3.0 and one RJ-45 port to extend your USB C device to the widely used USB A peripherals.
- It provides data transfer speeds up to 5 Gbps.
- The LAN adapter offers full 10/100/1000 Mbps superfast gigabit Ethernet performance over the RJ45 Ethernet port.
- It’s faster and more reliable than most wireless connections.
- The adapter comes with a unibody aluminum alloy body, ionized finish and a LED activity indicator.
- The EMI protection provides prevention of interference with other wireless devices.
You will not require any drivers for Windows OS, and most notebooks with Type C ports.
2. Kanex USB C to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter (suggested)
The Kanex USB C to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter allows your USB C ready computer connect directly to the Internet. You will not need to install a driver, and all you have to do is simply plug the Ethernet cable into the USB C to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter, and you will be set to enjoy a Wi-Fi dead-spot free connection.
Check out the most impressive features of this adaptor below:
- The Kanex USB C to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter offers you direct access to a high-performance Gigabit Ethernet network.
- It’s ideal for streaming movies, gaming online, and also for browsing the web without any interruptions.
- The device is small and compact, and you’ll be able to take it anywhere right of the box.
- You don’t have to install any drivers for it to work.
- You just have to plug one end into a Gigabyte Ethernet cable and the other to a compatible USB Type C device, and you’ll be ready to browse the web.
- It is compatible with Windows 8 and 10 among other operating systems.
- The adapter’s length is 8.5 inches.
You can currently get the Kanex USB C to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter on Amazon.
3. Cable Matters USB-C WiFi adapter
The Cable Matters USB-C Multiport Adapter adds Gigabit Ethernet, USB 3.0, and an HDMI or VGA video port over just a single USB-C connection. The device’s USB C port requires the DisplayPort Alternate Mode in order to be able to view videos over the USB C.
Here are the most important features of the Cable Matters USB-C Multiport Adapter:
- The newly released Windows computers may need BIOS Thunderbolt 3 firmware, the Thunderbolt 3 driver and Intel Graphics driver update from the computer’s manufacturer.
- It supports 4K HDMI video and Ethernet.
- It provides Gigabit Ethernet network connectivity for a Wi-Fi alternative.
- You can connect the USB C adapter to a flash drive, a mouse, a smartphone and so on to sync files to a computer with the USB 3.0 port.
- It weighs less than an ounce, and it will be effortless to carry around anywhere you go.
- Your computer video card must come with support for connecting an external display via USB Type C.
- You can only connect one display VGA or HDMI at a time.
- ALSO READ: USB-C not working on Windows 10 [FIX]
4. USB C Hub, VAVA USB C Ethernet Adapter
This can be used to access the Internet on any devices that come with USB C ports such as the Microsoft Surface line and more.
Check out the most impressive features of this device:
- It provides an excellent and stable Internet connection when you are streaming videos and playing online video games, file transferring and video conferencing as well.
- USB C is easier to use with no up or down orientation, and it is also able to transmit data 20 times faster than your old USB 2.0.
- The device is compact and lightweight, and it fits in your pocket effortlessly.
- The product comes with an 18-month warranty and very friendly customer service.
5. USB-C to Ethernet Adapter, CableCreation USB Type C
This is a small type USB Type C Ethernet adapter supporting 10/100/1000 Mbps that comes with a safe and stable Realtek chipset.
Take a look at the most important features of the device below:
- The Gigabit Ethernet port provides access to really fast network speeds.
- The device is easy to use, and there is no installation software required.
- The LED status lights will let you know that the adapter is working correctly.
- The adapter enables instant Internet connectivity to your compatible devices.
- This is a wireless alternative for connecting to the Internet in Wi-Fi dead zones, streaming larger videos, or for downloading a software upgrade through a wired home or office LAN.
- This is the perfect solution for transferring files from a Windows PC using the Migration assistant.
These are some of the best five USB Type C adapters that you can currently find on the market.
For more detailed information, it’s recommended to head to Amazon and check out more data about their features.
Think about your connectivity needs and choose the adapter that suits them best.
It is worth mentioning that in rare cases, you may experience Internet connectivity issues even after getting the most powerful USB-C Ethernet adapters. In this cases, you need to look elsewhere in order to identify the source of the problem.
Here are some quick useful solutions:
- Update your network drivers using Device Manager
- If you use a VPN software, temporarily disable it to see if this improves your connection in any way. Sometimes, VPN tools may slow down or completely block your connection
- Install the latest Windows 10 updates. As you all know, these updates packed many system improvements and some of them often focus on improving your Internet connectivity.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- Gift yourself the best USB-C USB flash drive before the year ends
- 8 best USB-C SD card reader devices to access your digital files
- 5 best USB-C laptop chargers to juice up your device wherever you are
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in November 2017 and has been since updated for freshness, and accuracy.
From the old days of hundreds of CDs and DVDs, larger and larger hard drives, to cloud services now, gaming has grown significantly. The need […]
Many Reddit users encountered error 0x80070002 on Windows Sandbox following the Windows 10 v1903 update. One user reported the following situation: Windows Sandbox giving 0x80070002 […]
Many users reported several Action center issues in Tablet Mode after installing Windows 10 v1903. One user asked if the known issues persisted after the […]