- Valheim's new Remove network overload mod overwrites some modifications brought by the latest game patch.
- As a result, players should be able to join a game without fearing that they are crashing the network.
- This is a Valheim client-side mod so it doesn't have to be installed on the server-side.
- The Remove network overload mod in Valheim might not prevent other issues such as crashes upon loading.
Valheim developers are working continuously to release game patches that fix the numerous game bugs reported by players. The most recent patch released a few days ago included a fix for sudden disconnection.
Paradoxically, after applying the patch, many gamers faced even greater game lags and overloaded networks, or even router or network crashes. Luckily, Nexus mod developers have already jumped in with a new mod that fixes these issues.
The Remove network overload mod does exactly that since the latest game patch sends any new in-game information over the network instantly instead of a one-time.
This is what a gamers noticed after installing last week’s Valheim patch:
Prior to 0.146.11, I was able to host a dedicated server just fine. However, after the patch, I noticed that as soon as someone tried to join it, my entire internet went down. Wi-fi and ethernet, the entire house lost connection.
How to remove network overload with Valheim mod?
- Download the open-source mod available on GitHub.
- Copy the file valheim_reenable_nagel.dll (in the zip) into the game’s plugins files – Valheim/BepInEx/plugins.
And that should do it. The fix addresses only client computers, not the server ones as well (like the Plus mod does, for instance) since apparently the issue is caused by all those joining a server.
There was yet another method tried by a few users successfully, also as clients. Namely, they attempted to re-establish their connection to the modem by resetting the browser pings value.
Reset browser pings value
- Open Steam Settings and go to In-Game option.
- Reset Browser Pings / Minute to the lowest value (250).
We hope that these solutions will save the day for you to keep enjoying the captivating Valheim experience.
Note that the above-mentioned mod developers warn that after installing this one, desyncing or other issues such as crashes on the loading screen are still possible.
This mod only fixes the network overload by re-packaging smaller information packed into larger ones. So you might still experience massive lag while playing with your friends on a dedicated server.
Fortunately, until now there has been at least a tested fix for most bugs.