What is Valorant’s Error 84 and How to Fix it in 4 Easy Steps
- It's possible to get an error code 84 in Valorant if the game can't connect to the server.
- In most cases, the servers have been taken offline for routine maintenance.
- The best course of action is to sit tight and wait for the problem to be solved. You can also try restarting the game.
Valorant error code 84 is a typical issue that can occur and gamers are curious as to what they can do to resolve it in no time.
It indicates that your client is unable to successfully establish a connection to the Valorant servers. Since Valorant is an online game, it goes without saying that in order for you to participate in it, you will have to connect to the Internet.
If you find yourself in a situation that is like this one, there is no need to be alarmed. Today, we are going to investigate in detail what the Valorant 84 error code is and how you can fix it.
What does error code 84 mean?
Error code 84 in Valorant manifests itself if there are issues with the game’s connection to the server. If the servers disconnected you from the game, the error message may state that you had a problem with the connection.
This occurs most frequently during periods of server failures, whether they are scheduled or unforeseen.
When the Valorant servers experience an outage, practically always the 84 error message will be shown. Also, there is a possibility that the game is installing a patch. Or they have taken the servers offline for some other type of periodic maintenance.
Why do I keep getting error codes on Valorant?
There is no need to be concerned about error codes while using Valorant. There are a lot of them happening due to various reasons. They could make you feel anxious at times, but the answers are always the same.
You will only ever be unable to progress farther in the game under very particular circumstances. So, let’s have a look at the most effective remedy to the Valorant 84 error code.
How do I fix error code 84 in Valorant?
1. Wait it out
The creator of Valorant, Riot Games, is actually to blame for this issue. Despite the fact that you may believe the fault resides with your Internet connection.
There are a number of possible causes for the servers being down. The most typical of these are upgrades to the game itself or maintenance that has been prescheduled.
Therefore, if you are seeing the Valorant 84 error code, the most effective action you can do is to just wait until the issue is resolved. It shouldn’t take more than a couple of hours at most.
Checking the Riot Games Service Status will allow you to confirm that the server is experiencing issues on its end. And that your computer is not the cause.
2. Use a VPN
Knowing that the 84 error code is directly linked to server connection problems, it’s very likely to resolve the issue by using a VPN.
Practically with a VPN, it’s easy to change your IP address and connect to another server in any region you prefer. There are different countries you can connect to for improving the server stability and overall Internet speed.
As a suggestion, PIA (Private Internet Access) is the suitable choice for extremely fast server connection and no content limitations due to countless servers worldwide.
⇒ Get PIA
3. Restart the game
If the game is taking longer than a few hours to start working again, don’t hesitate to restart it. This is in order to start from a blank slate.
Unfortunately, you will lose any current progress that hasn’t been saved. If you are ready to do so, simply close the game and open it again.
4. Restart your computer
While waiting for Riot Games to solve the server error, it’s a good practice to also restart your computer. This is to make sure it is not causing any miscommunications with the game.
In order to restart your computer, click on the Start icon then right-click on the Power button and choose Restart.
What are some of the most common Valorant errors?
The 84 error is not the only one that pops up on gamers’ screens. But rather there are several error codes that they can encounter. Here are some of the most common ones:
- Valorant error code van 9001 – There is a possibility that you will see a Valorant TPM 2.0 problem known as van 9001 in Windows 11. You will need to enable TPM in order to fix it.
- Valorant error code van 1067 – The 1067 error in Valorant is brought on by the fact that Windows 11 does not have Secure Boot or TPM 2.0 enabled.
- Valorant error code van 152 – If you have been cheating or have been utilizing third-party applications that have an effect on the game, Valorant has the ability to permanently ban your whole computer.
- Error code van 136 – It is a code that appears at random and kicks players out of the game in the middle of it while also requesting that they reload the game client.
- Error code van 135 – The error code Van 135 is not one that is mentioned on the support page, and fixing it requires more technical knowledge than the other errors.
- 128 Error code – This particular code pertains to the Vanguard system and is another one of those that is not addressed on the support page.
- Valorant error code van 81 – This error code is associated with the anti-cheat software known as Riot Vanguard in some capacity.
- Error code 62 – This issue is related in some way to the player’s local network or their connection to the Internet.
- Valorant error code van 51 – This error code will typically appear when the game itself is experiencing some kind of service interruption.
- Error code 43 – The code indicates that one of the client’s systems has run out of time and requires another attempt. Hence, players need to restart the client and attempt to load in once more.
- Error code 31 – It is necessary for players to restart the Riot Client and then log back into the game. As usual, Riot Support is available to receive player requests to resolve any technical issues they may be experiencing. Should any of these problems continue.
- Valorant error code van 19 – The Valorant error code 19 manifests itself when the Riot Client is unable to successfully begin.
- Valorant error code val 7 – Players who are suspected of having a suspension on their account will have this code displayed.
- Val 5 Valorant error code – This particular one is more of a cautionary message than an actual error code. When a player sees this code, it indicates that their Valorant account has been entered into from a different device.
- Valorant error code van 1 – The error indicates there has been a connection issue detected.
- Valorant error code van 0 – It indicates the game has encountered a problem with the connection. Simply restarting it and the game client is all that players need to do.
Check out our post on how to fix various Valorant error codes in Windows 11 in order to get back to playing your favorite game.
We hope our guide proved to be helpful to you. Make sure to leave a comment in the section below and tell us what you think.
Still having issues? Fix them with this tool:
If the advices above haven't solved your issue, your PC may experience deeper Windows problems. We recommend downloading this PC Repair tool (rated Great on TrustPilot.com) to easily address them. After installation, simply click the Start Scan button and then press on Repair All.