Full Fix: Video is not available at the moment
Sometimes while watching YouTube videos you might encounter Video is not available at the moment message. This message will prevent you from viewing YouTube videos, but there’s a way to deal with this problem.
Video is not available at the moment message can be problematic, and speaking of errors, here are some similar issues that users reported:
- This video is unavailable on this device YouTube – Sometime certain videos might not be available on touchscreen devices. To fix that problem, simply switch to your PC and check if that helps.
- YouTube this video is not available sorry about that – This problem can occur due to certain glitches, but you can fix it by restarting your browser or refreshing the page.
- Video is not available at the moment Windows 10, error YouTube, in Chrome – Sometimes this error message can appear in Chrome, but you can fix it using some of our solutions.
- Video is not available in your region, your country YouTube – Certain videos might be blocked in your country for various reasons. However, you can fix that problem simply by using a VPN.
Video is not available at the moment message, how to fix it?
- Refresh the web page and restart your browser
- Use a VPN
- Disable hardware acceleration
- Clear the cache
- Change the video quality
- Remove the problematic extensions
- Reset Chrome to default
- Reinstall Google Chrome
- Try a different browser
Solution 1 – Refresh the web page and restart your browser
Video is not available at the moment message can appear due to temporary glitches with YouTube. This problem can occur for various reasons, and in order to fix them, sometimes it might be enough just to refresh the page.
If refreshing the page doesn’t work, your next step should be to restart your browser. Sometimes there might be glitches with your browser, and by restarting it you should be able to fix the problem.
- READ ALSO: How to fix YouTube DPI scaling in Windows 10
Solution 2 – Use a VPN
VPN is one of the best ways to protect your privacy online. In case you don’t know, a VPN will basically hide your IP address and assign you a new one, usually from a different country. All your traffic will be routed through the VPN server in a different country, so it will appear that you’re accessing a website from a different state.
This is important since Video is not available at the moment message can appear if you’re trying to view a video that isn’t available in your country. To fix this problem, you just need to download and install a VPN client and the issue should be resolved.
VPN also protects your privacy online, and it hides your online activity from your ISP and malicious users, so there’s no reason not to use one. If you’re looking for a good VPN, we suggest that you try CyberGhost VPN. This tool allows you to surf safely any internet resources and also cleans your traffic. It also unblocks media that are restricted by geo-location.
Solution 3 – Disable hardware acceleration
According to users, sometimes hardware acceleration feature can cause Video is not available at the moment message to appear. Hardware acceleration feature is actually quite useful since it will utilize your GPU in order to render videos.
As a result, this feature should reduce the CPU usage while using your browser. Although this feature is quite useful, it can sometimes cause various issues to appear, and in order to fix them, users are suggesting to disable this feature entirely. To do that, just follow these steps:
- In the top-right corner click the Menu button and select Settings from the menu.
- Once the Settings tab opens, scroll to the bottom and click Advanced.
- Now navigate to the System section and disable Use hardware acceleration when available option.
After doing that, check if the problem is still there.
Solution 4 – Clear the cache
In some instances, Video is not available at the moment error can appear if your cache is corrupted. Your browser stores all sorts of temporary data on your PC, but sometimes that data might be corrupted and cause certain issues to appear.
However, you can fix this issue simply by clearing the cache. To do that, you need to follow these steps:
- Open the Settings page in your browser.
- When the Settings tab opens, scroll all the way down and click Advanced.
- Now click Clear browsing data.
- Be sure to set Time range to All time and then click the Clear data button.
After clearing the cache, restart your browser and check if the problem is still there.
Solution 5 – Change the video quality
In some cases, Video is not available at the moment message can appear due to the video quality of the selected video. If your network speed isn’t enough for Full HD video or if there’s an issue with your hardware, you might not be able to play the video, and you’ll get this error message.
In some instances you might be able to fix the problem simply by changing the video quality. To do that, follow these steps:
- Open the video that is giving you this problem.
- Now click the gear icon in the bottom right corner of the video and choose Quality.
- Select the desired quality. As a rule of thumb, try using 360p or 480p and check if that solves the problem.
This is a simple workaround, but a couple of users reported that this solution worked for them, so you might want to try it out.
Solution 6 – Remove the problematic extensions
Many users enhance the functionality of their browser by installing various extensions. Although extensions can be quite useful, some extensions can lead to certain problems such as Video is not available at the moment error.
To fix the problem, users are suggesting to disable all extensions in your browser and check if that solves the issue. To do that, follow these steps:
- Click the Menu icon in the top-right corner and choose More tools > Extensions.
- List of installed extensions will appear. To disable an extension, click the little switch next to its name. Now repeat this step for all extensions on the list.
- Once you disable all extensions, restart your browser and check if the problem is resolved.
In case the issue doesn’t reappear, you need to pinpoint the cause by enabling extensions one by one. Once you find the problematic extension, disable it or uninstall it and your issue should be resolved completely.
Solution 7 – Reset Chrome to default
In some cases Video is not available at the moment message can appear due to your settings or browser configuration. If other solutions didn’t work for you, perhaps you might be able to fix the problem by resetting Chrome to the default.
This is relatively simple to do, and by resetting Chrome you’ll revert all your settings to default. Bear in mind that you’ll also remove all your extensions, bookmarks, history, etc. If you want to save this data, be sure to back it up manually or turn on the sync feature.
To reset Chrome, do the following:
- Open the Settings tab and scroll to the bottom of the page. Now click Advanced.
- Locate Reset and clean up section and click the Reset settings button.
- A confirmation dialog will now appear. To confirm, click the Reset button.
Once you reset Chrome to default, check if the problem is still there. If the issue doesn’t appear, it’s possible that one of your settings or extensions was causing this problem.
Solution 8 – Reinstall Google Chrome
If you keep getting Video is not available at the moment, perhaps the issue is caused by your browser. Your installation can get corrupted, and this will lead to this and many other errors. To fix the problem, some users are suggesting to reinstall Google Chrome.
There are several ways to reinstall an application, but the best method is to use uninstaller software such as Revo Uninstaller. In case you’re not familiar, uninstaller applications will remove the selected application along with all files and registry entries associated with it.
- Get Revo Unistaller Pro version
Once you remove Chrome, download and install the latest version and check if the problem is still there. In addition, you can also try Chrome Beta or Canary. These are the upcoming versions, and they usually have the latest fixes available. Since these aren’t the final versions, they might have some glitches, so keep that in mind.
Solution 9 – Try a different browser
If you keep getting Video is not available at the moment message while trying to watch YouTube videos, perhaps the issue is your browser. To fix the problem try a different browser such as Firefox or Microsoft Edge and check if the issue is still there.
If the problem appears in all browsers, the issue is probably related to the YouTube servers or your PC’s settings. Simply wait for a few hours and check if the problem gets resolved.
Video is not available at the moment message can be quite annoying and prevent you from watching YouTube videos. However, you should be able to fix it using one of our solutions.
- Fix: Microsoft Edge YouTube error on Windows 10
- Use this software for accessing blocked YouTube videos
- Fix: Edge Browser Audio Problems With YouTube in Windows 10
USB flash drives (pen drives, flash sticks) almost completely moved disks out of the picture. They are fast, you can write anything you want whenever […]
Using speech instead of typing has more than one advantage. Lots of users strongly prefer dictation and, even though it’s still unbrushed feature, it’s getting […]