- Video is not available at the moment message can be related to your browser or even your location.
- Checking some basic browser details such as cache or extensions should help.
- Also, YouTube sometimes says that there is no video available when the service is glitchy.
- You can simply wait for the service to get back on track or refresh the page.
Sometimes while watching YouTube videos you might encounter Video is not available at the moment message. Or Your video is not ready. Try again in a moment. In both cases, you won’t be able to access the platform.
Why is YouTube saying video unavailable?
Sometimes certain videos might not be available on touchscreen devices. On rare ocassions, the service has glitches or the servers might be down.
Note that certain videos are also geo-restricted so you can’t access them from any location. You can fix that problem simply by using a VPN.
But let’s explore other ways of dealing with this video unavailable error on YouTube.
How do I fix the Video is not available at the moment message?
- Use a VPN
- Try a different browser
- Reinstall your browser
- Refresh the web page and restart your browser
- Disable hardware acceleration
- Clear the cache
- Change the video quality
- Remove the problematic extensions
- Reset Chrome to default
1. Use a VPN
A VPN is one of the best ways to protect your privacy online. In case you don’t know, a VPN will basically hide your IP address and assign you a new one, usually from a different country.
All your traffic will be routed through the VPN server in a different country, so it will appear that you’re accessing a website from a different state.
This is important since Video is not available at the moment message can appear if you’re trying to view a video that isn’t available in your country.
To fix this problem, you just need to download and install a VPN client and the issue should be resolved.
A VPN also protects your privacy online, and it hides your online activity from your ISP and malicious users, so there’s no reason not to use one. If you’re looking for a good VPN, we suggest that you try Private Internet Access.
This tool is developed by Kape Technologies allows you to surf safely any internet resources and also cleans your traffic. It also unblocks media that are restricted by geo-location.
Private Internet Access
Browse the Internet in a more secure manner with this amazing VPN, now at a discount price for a limited time only!
2. Try a different browser
This browser is extremely fast and it can be customized in a variety of ways via extensions that allow better integration of various services, YouTube included.
More so, you also gain a built-in VPN that allows you to view region-locked content too.
If the problem appears in all browsers, the issue is probably related to the YouTube servers or your PC’s settings. Simply wait for a few hours and check if the problem gets resolved.
An excellent web browser that offers many useful tools, including the ability to save and print your web pages.
3. Reinstall your browser
If you keep getting Video is not available at the moment, perhaps the issue is caused by your browser.
Your installation can get corrupted, and this will lead to this and many other errors. To fix the problem, some users are suggesting reinstalling Google Chrome.
There are several ways to reinstall an application, but the best method is to use uninstaller software such as IObit Uninstaller Pro.
In case you’re not familiar, uninstaller applications will remove the selected application along with all files and registry entries associated with it.
Once you remove your browser, download and install its latest version and check if the problem is still there.
4. Refresh the web page and restart your browser
Video is not available at the moment message can appear due to temporary glitches with YouTube.
This problem can occur for various reasons, and in order to fix them, sometimes it might be enough just to refresh the page.
If refreshing the page doesn’t work, your next step should be to restart your browser. Sometimes there might be glitches with your browser, and by restarting it you should be able to fix the problem.
5. Disable hardware acceleration
- In Chrome, in the top-right corner click the Menu button and select Settings from the menu.
- Once the Settings tab opens, scroll to the bottom and click Advanced.
- Now navigate to the System section and disable Use hardware acceleration when available option.
The Use hardware acceleration when available option can be found in any browser.
For the sake of this example, we used Chrome. If you work in another browser, just open its settings and type this option in the search field. Then proceed to disable it.
The hardware acceleration feature is actually quite useful since it will utilize your GPU in order to render videos.
As a result, this feature should reduce CPU usage while using your browser. Although this feature is quite useful, it can sometimes cause various issues to appear, and in order to fix them, users are suggesting to disable this feature entirely.
After doing that, check if the problem is still there.
6. Clear the cache
- Open the Settings page in your browser.
- When the Settings tab opens, scroll all the way down and click Advanced.
- Now click Clear browsing data.
- Be sure to set Time range to All time and then click the Clear data button.
In some instances, Video is not available at the moment error can appear if your cache is corrupted.
Your browser stores all sorts of temporary data on your PC, but sometimes that data might be corrupted and cause certain issues to appear.
However, you can fix this issue simply by clearing the cache. After clearing the cache, restart your browser and check if the problem is still there.
Again, we used Chrome but the process is similar in other browsers as well.
7. Change the video quality
- Open the video that is giving you this problem.
- Now click the gear icon in the bottom right corner of the video and choose Quality.
- Select the desired quality. As a rule of thumb, try using 360p or 480p and check if that solves the problem.
In some cases, Video is not available at the moment message can appear due to the video quality of the selected video.
If your network speed isn’t enough for Full HD video or if there’s an issue with your hardware, you might not be able to play the video, and you’ll get this error message.
In some instances you might be able to fix the problem simply by changing the video quality.
This is a simple workaround, but a couple of users reported that this solution worked for them, so you might want to try it out.
8. Remove the problematic extensions
- Click the Menu icon in the top-right corner and choose More tools > Extensions.
- A list of installed extensions will appear. To disable an extension, click the little switch next to its name.
- Now repeat this step for all extensions on the list.
- Once you disable all extensions, restart your browser and check if the problem is resolved.
Many users enhance the functionality of their browser by installing various extensions. Although extensions can be quite useful, some can lead to certain problems such as this one.
In case the issue doesn’t reappear, you need to pinpoint the cause by enabling extensions one by one.
Once you find the problematic extension, disable it or uninstall it and your issue should be resolved completely.
9. Reset Chrome to default
- Open the Settings tab and scroll to the bottom of the page. Now click Advanced.
- Locate Reset and clean up section and click the Reset settings button.
- A confirmation dialog will now appear. To confirm, click the Reset button.
In some cases Video is not available at the moment message can appear due to your settings or browser configuration. If other solutions didn’t work for you, perhaps you might be able to fix the problem by resetting Chrome to the default.
This is relatively simple to do, and by resetting Chrome you’ll revert all your settings to default. Bear in mind that you’ll also remove all your extensions, bookmarks, history, etc.
If you want to save this data, be sure to back it up manually or turn on the sync feature.
Once you reset Chrome to default, check if the problem is still there. If the issue doesn’t appear, it’s possible that one of your settings or extensions was causing this problem.
Video is not available at the moment message can be quite annoying and prevent you from watching YouTube videos. However, you should be able to fix it using one of our solutions.
Frequently Asked Questions
One cause for such errors is region-locked content. Get a solid VPN to bypass such issues.
YouTube is completely free, although it makes revenue by occasionally showing you ads in-between and even during videos. Get a good adblocker to fix this nuisance.
Check out this dedicated article covering the best web browsers for watching YouTube videos.