- Thanks to the latest advancements in the field of video editing, now anybody can create professional-looking AMVs from the comfort of their own home
- Software from our list contain a large number of features, incredibly powerful processing power, and also rendering
- To create a striking AMV, you might consider into mixing multiple music sequences
- Check our video animation section for more top lists and guides
Thanks to the latest advancements in the field of video editing, now anybody can create professional-looking Anime music videos from the comfort of their own home.
In order to create videos that manage to capture the entire range of emotions you want to represent, you will need to use specialized software. These type of software options usually contain a large number of features, incredibly powerful processing power, and also rendering capabilities.
Because of the complexity of this type of software, most of them aren’t recommended for beginners. If you decide to start learning how to use this type of software, you can find a link in each section of this article pointing you to different kinds of tutorials.
Today, we will explore some of the best software options available on the market that can help you create amazing video projects, and share them with your friends and family.
Adobe After Effects (editor's choice)
This motion graphics software from Adobe is a great tool that allows you to create amazing professional-looking anime music videos. Adobe After Effects is part of the Adobe Creative Cloud pack, and its features cover a wide spectrum of customization tools for your video projects.
Even though you need a bit of experience in order to be able to use all the features found in this software, there are a lot of official Adobe tutorials that can help you on your learning journey.
Here are some of the best features found in After Effects:
- Custom keyboard shortcuts can be set that streamlines the entire process of video editing
- You get access to a wide range of masking and shaping points that allow you to create incredible video projects
- Powerful built-in motion graphics features
- Can easily animate any element you choose to by using the incorporated data-driven animation tools
- Can optimize your project to the finest detail, making sure your video is perfectly optimized to fit your needs
- Unlimited editing power at a professional level
- 3D pipeline with Cinema 4D Lite R19
- Wide range of incredibly realistic effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Yet another product from Adobe that made it in this list and that is for a reason. You can create basic transitions and crossfades with free software, but you should consider investing in a professional video editing software if you are looking to become a pro.
Adobe Premiere Pro is mainly used for mixing, splitting, removing and joining video clips, whereas Adobe After Effects is used to create special effects, titles, motion graphics, and animations. The reason why we included two Adobe products in this list is the synergy those two have to create stunning AMV as they fill different needs.
Most professionals use both, you can make edits on videos and music by using Adobe Premiere Pro and add special effects and motion graphics with After Effects.
With the Adobe Dynamic Link, you can use both programs at the same time, you can easily add clips from one app to another without exporting any file.
If you are looking for a standalone option, Adobe Premiere Pro will do just fine if you don’t need any complex motion effects or customizable animations, as a good AMV mainly breaks down to good timing between music and clips along with some smooth transitions.
Vegas Pro is one of the most used applications in the domain, allowing you to create amazing-looking anime video movies. The wide range of professional features found in this software is extremely useful, but if you’re a beginner, it implies that you spend some time figuring out what every option does in order to achieve great results.
You can use this software to do 3D editing, apply specific color corrections, compositing, allows automatic crossfades, multicam editing, and offers you access to an incredibly wide range of special effects.
Here are some of the best features found in Vegas Pro:
- Can use the very useful Time Stretch/Compress Shuffle Editing for faster editing speeds
- Can automatically fix any missing video parts
- Incredibly exact motion tracking that allows the software to follow specific objects
- Automatically creates subtitles and also sets custom timeline regions of a specific video file
- ACES 1.0 (Academy Color Encoding System) – allows you to create real-like colors without spending too much time
- Can perform compositing in different modes – a top-down paradigm for compositing and masking that supports multi-layering
- Supports 4K video quality
- Multicamera editing
- Great video stabilization features – allow you not to worry about your video being shaky
- Full support for HDR (High Dynamic Range) color
- 360° editing – creates immersive environments for every project that can be customized endlessly
HitFilm Express is another great video editing and creation tool that allows you to make great Anime music videos, offering you access to all the tools it contains, completely free.
This software contains a wide range of features that cover every aspect of the video creation process. Here are some of the best features found in this software:
- User-friendly and easily understandable user interface
- Tab-like timelines that work in the same way as the tabs in your explorer do
- Great processing power that allows you to set custom speeds of playback
- Mask editing and rendering – great speeds for the rotoscoping process that increases the quality of your video
- Easily export your projects
- Wide range of useful animation tools
- Incredible range of animations found in composite shots – can animate 2 shots at once
- Great audio editing options that simplify the process of normalizing sound
- Unlimited tracks for both audio and video
- Particle simulator that can create a reality-like rendering
- Professional text and titling options – you can even add 3D geometry effects and modify lights, shadows, and maps
The wide range of features found in this software can be extended even more by using add-ons from the amazing HitFilm Express add-on store.
In this article, we explored some of the best software options that can help you create amazing anime music videos. The features found in these software options cover all your requirements, and we presented you with extremely complex and powerful paid software, but also a very useful free video editing tool.
Let us know how did these software options helped you by using the comment section below.
FAQ about AMV creation
- How long does it take to make an AMV?
To create a good looking AMV it can take more than 40 hours depending on your skills and complexity of the project if you are just getting started and not accustomed to all features it will take even more.
- Can you monetize AMV?
You can monetize AMV usually through views, but still, Google will take its own part from it, make sure to not cross any infringement law and get written permission from anime or song owners.
- What is the best AMV creation software?
We recommend Adobe After Effects as the best AMV creation software if you are looking for complex effects and motion graphics.
- 5 best video blocker extensions for your browser [2019 List]
- 4 online video editors that don’t add any watermarks to your videos
- 5 of the best 4K webcams for high quality video conferences