VirtualBox allows the users to run Windows 10 as a host. While the installation of VirtualBox is a straightforward affair at times you may face difficulty while installing the VirtualBox on Windows 10. Users have reported that while installing VirtualBox, the installation fails with the Installation failed! Error: Fatal error during installation message.
We found a few reports about the error online.
I get a “Fatal Error” when installing Vbox 5.1.22 on windows 10 please help I have tried everything.
Windows 10 version 1703
Intel Core i3
Follow the solutions below to fix the error.
How to fix the Virtualbox Installation failed fatal error in Windows 10?
1. Run VirtualBox Installer as Admin
- Locate the directory where the VirtualBox installer is saved.
- Right-click on the Installer and select “Run as administrator“.
- When the UAC prompts appear, click on Yes to proceed.
- Proceed with the on-screen instructions and check if the error is resolved.
2. Run Microsoft Program Install troubleshooter
- Go to Microsoft Program install troubleshooter page and click on the Download button.
- Run the Microsoft Program Install Troubleshooter tool and click on next.
- In the “Are you having a problem installing or uninstalling a program” screen select “Installing”.
- The tool will scan the system for the problems and recommend appropriate action.
- After the fix is applied, reboot the system and check for any improvements.
3. Use Third-Party Uninstallers
- Launch CCleaner.
- Click on the Easy Clean tab and select Analyze.
- CCleaner will scan the system for tracker as well as Junk files.
- Click on Clean All button to delete any leftover after uninstalling VirtualBox.
- Reboot the system and run the VirtualBox installer as Admin.
4. Disable Antivirus
- Try to disable your Antivirus security temporarily. Malwarebytes and other security programs allow you to disable the Real-time protection temporarily.
- Install VirtualBox after disabling the antivirus.
- Re-enable the Antivirus after the VirtualBox is successfully installed. If necessary, also disable Windows Real-Time Network Protection from the settings.
VirtualBox related issues mostly are caused by the old VirtualBox entries or MSI installer problem. Make sure you also Run the MSI repair tool to fix the issue.
RELATED STORIES YOU MAY LIKE:
- Fix: VirtualBox not opening in Windows 10 problem
- How to Fix VirtualBox Video Driver Problems in Windows 10
- User Says Windows 10 Lags in Virtual Box After Build 9926