- Vizio SmartCast has developed into a reliable smart TV platform, offering a wide range of applications to its users.
- However, Vizio Smartcast not working is a common problem for many of our readers.
- The good news is that you can usually fix this problem on your own without any technical support.
Vizio SmartCast has developed into a reliable smart TV platform, offering a wide range of apps and integrated support for Google Chromecast and AirPlay 2.
The Vizio OLED TV is unquestionably the best inexpensive OLED TV and one of the greatest 4K TV bargains available. The Vizio Smartcast not working is, however, a common problem for many of its users.
Generally speaking, Vizio SmartCast functions flawlessly, but occasionally it may display an error message that reads SmartCast Starting Up Please Wait or Smartcast TV Not Available.
Most of the time, clicking on Update Now will fix the issue and you will be able to enjoy the content.
Why is SmartCast not working on my Vizio TV?
Vizio SmartCast TVs frequently go blank or stop working for a variety of reasons. Here are some of the most important ones:
- The software on its core operating system freezes
- The Wi-Fi connection isn’t as fast as it should be
- Improper network settings
Some Vizio SmartCast TV models may, under extremely rare circumstances, also have hardware issues.
How do I fix SmartCast if it’s not working on Vizio?
1. Reboot the Vizio TV
- Restart the TV and see if the issues get resolved.
- Restart all of your gadgets, including your SmartCast, any smartphones or tablets you use to operate it, and any other gadgets linked to your home Wi-Fi network.
- Open SmartCast again.
2. Power cycle the TV
2.1 Use the TV settings
- Press the Menu button on your Vizio TV remote and choose System/Settings.
- Choose Reset & Admin from the menu on your TV.
- From this screen, choose Soft Power Cycle.
- Leave your router’s power cords all unplugged (and modem if you have one) until the process completes.
2.2 Use the Power button on your TV
- Using the remote control or the Power button on the TV, turn off the TV and unplug it from the power supply.
- While the TV is not connected to a power source, press and hold the Power button for 20 to 30 seconds and then connect your TV to the power source.
- Leave the TV idle for a further 20–30 seconds.
- Turn on the TV and wait a few minutes without touching the remote or other buttons.
3. Factory reset your TV
- Select Menu using the remote (or, if you have a smart remote, the app).
- Select System, then Reset & Admin, and then Reset TV to Factory Settings.
- By tapping Yes, you can confirm that you wish to execute a factory reset.
4. Check your TV Internet connection
5. Refresh Network DHCP Settings
- Launch a browser after turning off the smart cast TV.
- If available, enter your IP address, default gateway, or domain name server in the URL bar. If not, enter http://192.168.X.X (where X represents the IP address’ final two digits) into the URL bar.
- Enter your User name and Password and navigate to Settings.
- The DHCP tab can be found in your router’s firmware settings under Advanced, Network Settings, or Local Network Settings. On your router’s configuration page, near the wireless or LAN area, you’ll find the DHCP option.
- Disable and then re-enable the DHCP option if you have it activated but it is still not functioning.
- Save your preferences. The router will restart, and the process will take approximately 30 seconds.
What can I use instead of SmartCast?
Other than SmartCast you can use Roku TV, Apple TV, Chromecast, or Fire Stick.
Users of the listed TVs can download apps to their mobile devices to stream videos and view them on TV by using the mobile devices as a remote control.
SmartCast TVs differ from smart TVs in that platforms for smart TVs use Wi-Fi to connect and function as their command center for downloading video and streaming services.
Having known some of the causes for SmartCast not working on your Vizio TV and their solutions you are good to go!
You might also be interested in reading our article to learn some quick ways to screen share Windows 11 to TV.
Kindly let us know in the comment section of any other ways to fix the problem of how to fix Vizio Smartcast when it is not working.