- IPTV is a great way to watch TV online because it's cheaper than cable and a lot more convenient too.
- Unfortunately, some ISPs block the IPTV signals that you receive from these providers.
- If you're a Vodafone Germany customer, you may have noticed this problem but we have a few solutions you can try.
IPTV is one of the best ways to watch live TV and movies on your PC, smartphone, or tablet. But sometimes, you may find that your ISP is blocking IPTV websites. Vodafone Germany is one of the leading mobile phone companies in Europe and is also a major player in the IPTV market.
One of the biggest problems with this provider is that it sometimes blocks IPTV services. It’s not uncommon for ISPs (Internet Service Providers) to block certain websites and services, especially when they’re not allowed by law.
If the issue is geo-restriction, we have an expert article on how you can bypass geo-blocking and access such sites.
- Private Internet Access - Access content across the globe at the highest speed rate.
- NordVPN - Secure multiple devices and enjoy stable connections anywhere.
- SurfShark - Price convenient VPN service with all-rounded security features.
- CyberGhost - Connect to thousands of servers for persistent seamless browsing.
- ExpressVPN - Browse the web from multiple devices with increased security protocols.
How do I check if my ISP is blocking streaming?
If you want to ascertain that your ISP is blocking you from streaming your favorite sites, you can use one of the below methods:
- Use a VPN – Simply connect to a VPN server in another country and visit the websites. If it works, then it means that your ISP is blocking streaming.
- Test your internet speeds – Running a speed test and comparing previous results will give you an idea of whether your bandwidth has been capped. You can use a speed tester which will show you both upload and download speeds. If one is being throttled, you’ll be able to tell.
- Use another connection – If you have an alternative connection, try connecting to it and observe. This can be done by connecting to a public Wi-Fi hotspot or by connecting through a mobile phone network.
Once you have discovered your streaming is being blocked, proceed to the following solutions to bypass it.
How do I stop Vodafone Germany from blocking IPTV?
1. Use a VPN
A VPN is the best way to unblock blocked programs and we have an expert list of VPNs for streaming in Germany. It allows you to hide your real location and make it seem as if you are somewhere else in the world.
The reason why so many people use VPNs is that they make it easy for people who live in places where there are strict censorship laws. If you’re trying to watch IPTV from anywhere else in the world, they can also be extremely helpful.
By using a VPN, anyone can appear as if they’re located someplace else and unblock any content that is otherwise inaccessible due to their physical location or government regulations.
We recommend Express VPN because it has an instant setup and it is very easy to use. It is also a very fast, secure, and anonymous software.
Follow these steps as a quick guide:
- Firstly, go to the ExpressVPN website and click on download.
- After that, click on the setup and install the application on your computer.
- Then, run the VPN and click on Choose Location button.
- Check the Recommended option and select a country compatible with IPTV.
- Enjoy watching IPTV without any problems.
ExpressVPN is a great option thanks to its strong security and its remarkable speed that remains consistent on both short-distance and long-distance connections.
An extremely safe VPN service with a large network server that helps you enable any content without any effort.
2. Change Your DNS Settings
Another way to unblock IPTV websites is by changing your DNS settings on your computer or mobile device.
You can do this by changing them from the default settings provided by Vodafone Germany to another DNS server such as Google Public DNS.
3. Use a proxy server
If you want to unblock IPTV services in Vodafone Germany, you can try using a proxy server. It allows you to bypass any restrictions imposed by your ISP or government.
However, keep in mind that some websites may block proxies too so it’s worth testing before buying a subscription for your favorite provider.
If Vodafone Germany is still blocking your IPTV, you can switch to an alternative browser preferably one with an integrated VPN service such as Opera.
You may also come across a similar issue where Rogers is blocking a website but we have covered various fixes to bypass this problem.
Don’t hesitate to share any additional solutions that may have worked for you that we have not mentioned here. Let us know in the comments section below.