- Voicemod is a fun app to change your voice and trick your friends using tons of its pre-loaded sound effects.
- The app also allows you to add custom sounds and use them with different gaming and streaming platforms.
- However, it may fail to work sometimes due to a bug, driver issue, or if the microphone is not configured correctly and that's what we will fix today.
Voicemod Soundboard is not working on your Windows 11 PC? Fret not as you are not alone.
This popular app lets you add spice to your content on Discord, Skype, Zoom, or Fortnite, with fun voiceovers, meme sound effects, and more.
But, sometimes it just stops working and leads to disappointment for the app lovers. While simply restarting Voicemod may sometimes help fix the issue, in most cases, it does not.
However, if you are looking for the best soundboards for Discord, you can refer to our detailed post on the same.
Before we move on to the solutions, we will discuss the possible reasons that may lead to Voicemod Soundboard not working on Windows 11 issue.
Why is my Voicemod Soundboard not working?
Some of the reasons why your Voicemod Soundboard app is not working are:
- Pending Windows update
- Incorrect selection of Microphone
- Voicemod drivers not functioning properly
- Due to a bug in the app
Hence, we have mentioned three of the most effective troubleshooting methods to fix the Voicemod Soundboard not working issue.
How do I fix my Voicemod not working?
1. Update your Windows
- Press the Win + I keys together to launch the Windows Settings app.
- Click on Windows Update on the left.
- Now, go to the right and click on Check for updates.
- Windows will now check for updates and display the results below.
- As you see the available update, click on Download & install.
- Once the download is complete, click on Restart now.
- As the PC restarts, Windows will finish installing the update.
You can now have fun with changing voices as the Voicemod Soundboard not working issue on Windows 11 should be resolved.
2. Set up your Microphone properly
- Open Skype and click on your photo on the top left.
- Select Settings from the menu.
- In the Skype Settings window, click on Audio & Video on the left side.
- Now, go to the right, go to Microphone and select the input device from the drop-down.
- Once done, open the Voicemod app and turn on Voice Changer at the bottom.
Now, your Voicemod Soundboard app should be working fine.
The Voicemod Soundboard may not work for you if the audio settings in the game app you are using it’s not set up correctly.
For example, if you are using Skype, Zoom or Discord, check if the microphone is selected as your input device.
3. Reinstall the Voicemod driver
- Press the Win + R keys simultaneously to launch the Run console.
- Type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter to open the Device Manager window.
- Click to expand the Audio inputs and devices section.
- Here, right-click on Line (Voicemod Virtual Audio Device (WDM)) and select Update driver.
- In the Update Drivers window, select Search automatically for drivers.
- Windows will now start looking for any latest drivers. If available, it will apply the latest version automatically.
Now, close Device Manager, restart your PC, and check if the Voicemod Soundboard is working fine now.
Alternatively, you can also uninstall the Voicemod app and reinstall its latest version from it official website and this should fix the issue in most cases.
And if you want to make sure your drivers are always up to date, use DriverFix. It’s a light, unobtrusive app that can run in the background and auto-update drivers as soon as a new version is released.
Get peak PC performance by keeping all your drivers updated, with minimal effort!
This will help you get rid of any bugs that might be causing the Voicemod Soundboard to not work.
However, if the Voicemod fails to recognize the microphone, we have a nice guide on how to fix the issue
But if the Voicemod Soundboard app is still not working for you, you can leave your message in the comments box below.