- Kodi is a popular service that many use to stream multimedia content in a convenient way.
- However, you may know that you can access content based on your current location.
- Unfortunately, you can’t access content in restricted locations if the VPN isn't working with Kodi.
- Check out our guide and learn how you can make your VPN work with Kodi again.
8. Run Windows Update
- Go to Start>type update in the search box and then click on Windows Update to proceed.
- In the Windows Update window, check for updates and install the available updates.
- After the update is complete, restart your Windows PC.
Another way of fixing the VPN not working with Kodi problem is by updating your Windows Operating System to the latest version.
The latest Windows updates improve the system’s stability and fix various issues you may encounter most especially VPN related. However, you can follow the above steps to update any Windows OS.
9. Flush the DNS/Clear Cache
Flush the DNS
- Go to Start > All Apps > Accessories.
- Right-click Start and select Command Prompt (Admin).
- Type ipconfig /flushdns and press Enter. You should get a confirmation that says: Windows IP Configuration Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache.
Clear Web Browser Cache
- Launch your web browser e.g. Microsoft Edge.
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Delete to access the Clear recent history dialog box.
- Under the Time range to clear drop-down menu, select Everything.
- Make sure to check the Cache box. Click on Clear Now.
Note: Ctrl + Shift + Delete can also be used to clear the cache on other web browsers such as Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Opera, Microsoft Edge, etc.
Another way of fixing the VPN won’t work with Kodi problem is by flushing your DNS and clearing your web browsers cache.
DNS entries from your Internet Service Provider may be wrong and probably utilized by Kodi to block your VPN from accessing their service.
Hence, you need to flush your DNS and clear your web browser’s cache afterward.
10. Manually configure proxy settings
A proxy server is a server (a computer system or an application) that acts as an intermediary for web requests.
A proxy server releases its static/dynamic I.P address for you so that you can access other websites using their location.
In addition, you can change the I.P address on your browser whether Firefox, Chrome, Opera or Internet Explorer using the following methods.
Firefox: Tools > Options > Advanced > Settings > Manual proxy configuration.
Chrome: Settings > Network > Change proxy settings > LAN settings > Use proxy server > Advanced > HTTP.
Opera: Tools > Preferences > Advanced > Network
Internet Explorer: Tools > Internet options > Connections > LAN settings > Use proxy server > Advanced > HTTP.
Once you have entered the IP address and port appropriately you obtained from the VPN service, check your IP address to confirm that your IP address has really been changed.
11. Reinstall the VPN client
- Right-click Start and select Programs and Features.
- Find your VPN from the list of programs and select Uninstall.
- In the Setup Wizard, click You’ll get a notification after a successful uninstall, so click Close to exit the wizard.
- If your VPN is still listed as available after uninstalling it, right-click Start and select Run.
- Type ncpa.cpl and press Enter to open the Network Connections window.
- Under Network Connections, right-click on the WAN Miniport labeled your VPN.
- Select Delete.
- Click Start and select Settings.
- Click Network & Internet.
- Select VPN. If you see your VPN as available, delete it.
In addition, if any other fixes above did not resolve your VPN not working with Kodi problem, you should consider uninstall and reinstall your VPN client.
After complete uninstall, proceed to install the VPN client on your PC, and then access Kodi afterward.
Let us know if any of these solutions helped fix the VPN not working with Kodi problem, by leaving a comment in the section below.
Frequently Asked Questions
No, Kodi doesn’t have a built-in VPN. However, choosing a VPN solution for Kodi is strongly recommended.
A VPN is mandatory if you want to use Kodi correctly. Find all about the huge risks you’re exposed to in case of doing otherwise by reading this dedicated article.
Setting up a Windows 10 Kodi remote control with an Android tablet or phone is no rocket science. Configure the software by using this quick procedure.