These features have been removed in Windows 10 April Update
Every major Windows 10 update brings new features and improvements to the table. At the same time, new OS versions remove a series of features previously available on older versions. The Windows 10 April Update follows the same line, removing a bunch of features — to users’ disappointment. Microsoft explained that these features have been removed in order to add a better version.
The Redmond giant already published a list of all the features that are no longer supported in the Windows 10 April Update. In this post, we’ll list the most important ones.
Windows 10 April Update says goodbye to these features
- Groove Music Pass — you can now use Spotify to play and stream music on Windows 10.
- People – Suggestions no longer include unsaved contacts for non-Microsoft accounts.
- Language control in the Control Panel is no longer available. Instead you can use the Settings app to change language preferences.
- Microsoft removed HomeGroup from File Explorer, Control Panel and Troubleshoot.
- The ‘Connect to suggested open hotspots‘ option has been removed from the Wi-Fi settings page.
- You can no longer access Conversations in the People app when you’re offline. The Windows 10 April Update
lets you see new emails in the People app provided that you’re online and you signed in with your Office 365 account.
- In Windows 10 version 1803, you may need to install XPS Viewer from Apps and Features in the Settings app after a clean installation.
Microsoft also revealed that it stopped developing a series of features, such as Phone Companion, and is planning to remove them in future updates. You can read more about Microsoft’s plans on its Support Page.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- Download the Windows 10 April Update ISO files
- Windows 10 April Update triggers games crashes, stutter and errors [FIX]
- Windows 10 April Update KB2267602 triggers 0x80070643 errors [FIX]
MS Office 2013 users can utilize templates for preformatted documents. However, some Office users have said that a Something went wrong while downloading your template […]
The new Windows Virtual Desktop (WVD) product and strategy announced last year in September is here. Well, the Redmond giant planned to offer an early […]
Microsoft just released KB4493132 to Windows 7 computers thus adding end of support notifications.The notifications remind users to upgrade to Windows 10 before January 14th, 2020. The […]