How to Enable the People App in Windows 10
You might be wondering why you cannot use the People app in Windows 10. The answer is simple: Microsoft has disabled this application. But if you want to find out how exactly you can enable the People app in Windows 10, all you need to do is follow the simple guidelines below and you will have it up and running in no time.
Keep in mind that the People app is by far a stable application. If you do want to enable it by following the steps listed below, keep in mind that unexpected crashes of the application may occur, as well as not being able to access some features and functions within the application. Also, if you try to open it without making the required system tweak,s the People app will crash.
How to turn on People app in Windows 10
Solution 1 – Manually enable the People App
- First of all, from the Start screen of your Windows 10 system, you need to open the File Explorer.
- Now in the “View” tab situated in the upper side of the File Explorer, select to view all hidden files.
- Now, double click or double tap to open the “C:” Windows partition.
- In the “C” partition, locate and open the “Users” folder.
- In the “Users” folder, find and open your username.
- From your username folder, find and open the “AppData” folder.
- Now open the “Local” folder which you can find in the “AppData” folder.
- Search and open the “Packages” folder.
- Now, in the Packages folder, find and open the “Microsoft.People_8wekyb3d8bbwe” folder.
- Now ,the last folder you need to access is the “LocalState” situated inside the “Microsoft.People_8wekyb3d8bbwe” folder.
- Find and double click or double tap to open the “contacts.txt” file.
Note: You can open it with notepad or another text editor of your choosing.
- In this folder remove everything except the first line and the last line.
Example on how it should look:
- Left click or tap on the “File” button situated in the upper left side of Notepad.
- Left click or tap on the “Save” feature.
Note: An alternative to save the file is by pressing and holding the “Ctrl” button and the “S” button.
- Close the “contacts.txt” file after you saved it.
- Close the windows you opened so far and reboot your Windows 10 operating system.
- After the device starts, you can try opening your “People app” and see how it goes.
Solution 2 – Download the People App
If you want to quickly use the People App on your Windows computer, you can simply download it from the Microsoft Store. Click on the ‘Get the app’ button and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the install process.
There you go, by following the instructions above, you will manage to enable the People app in Windows 10. If you are stuck or encountered any issues while following any of the steps listed in this tutorial, please let us know in the comments section below. We will help you further as soon as possible.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- Yahoo Mail app for Windows 10 now syncs contacts with Microsoft People
- Did you know that 600 million people use Windows 10 monthly?
- 4 best decentralized social networks to use in 2018
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in May 2015 and has been since updated for freshness, and accuracy.
Most of us are sick of the messages informing us that the content is unavailable when we access Hulu or Netflix apps. This notification appears […]
Error 0x80070780 arises for some users when they try to copy, delete, back up or edit certain files in Windows 10. The error message states: […]