- Microsoft has just released the August Patch Tuesday updates at around 10 AM PST.
- Besides the new features, these updates also bring fixes, tweaks, and security improvements.
- Our website has a dedicated Patch Tuesday page, so make sure you visit it for the more great info.
- To find out the latest information on all things tech-related, check out our News section.
A new wave of fixes and features have just been released for the August Patch Tuesday updates. Those of you that regularly update their PCs and laptops know what to expect:
- Tweaks and optimizations
- Security improvements
- OS enhancements
- Bug fixes
All of these have been a regular part of the Windows 10 experience, and they were released on August 11 at around 10 AM PST.
UPDATE: The August 2020 Patch Tuesday Updates are as follows:
- KB4566782 for Windows 10 Version 2004
- Read more about this update in this article
- KB4565351 for Windows 10 Version 1909 and 1903
- KB4565349 for Windows 10 Version 1809
- KB4571709 for Windows 10 Version 1803
- KB4571741 for Windows 10 Version 1709
- KB4571689 for Windows 10 Version 1703
- KB4571694 for Windows 10 Version 1607
- KB4571692 for Windows 10 Version 1507
Need a complete list of updates spanning all versions of Windows 10 released ever? Check out this article.
What to expect from the August round of updates
Since the Patch Tuesday updates are an amalgam of bugs and fixes for all the latest features brought to the OS, here’s a quick recap of what has happened this past month, so that you cna get a better idea of what to expect when the updates hit live:
- Updating your drivers in Windows 10 is now safer
- Uninstalling the new Edge on Windows 10 is a nuisance
- Windows 10 2004 security baseline has 4 settings changes
- Windows 10 Storage Spaces bug fixed, safeguard hold remains
- Windows Defender now flagging modified HOSTS files as PUPs
- Latest Windows 10 update gets more users despite its issues
- The new KB4568831 optional update hides 20H2 features
Whichever the case, the point is that the Patch Tuesday updates will arrive shortly, and hopefully put an end to many of the issues.
Of course, these are just some of the most recent changes that Windows 10 has experienced since the last round of Patch Tuesday updates.
Many users are excited to know what new features will Microsoft be bringing to their newest version of Windows 10, Windows 10 v2004. Additionally, some are wondering whether this month more CVEs will be discovered than in July since they have been on a rise.
FAQ: Learn more about Patch Tuesday updates
- How do I fix Windows Update errors?
The Windows Update Troubleshooter is a dedicated tool created by Microsoft, and it can easily take care of most Windows Update Errors.
- Why are Patch Tuesday updates called that way?
The Patch Tuesday updates are called that way because Microsoft always releases them on the second Tuesday of every month.
- Am I safer after Patch Tuesday?
If you successfully install the Patch Tuesday updates, then you shouldn’t have to worry about the dangers of Exploit Wednesday and Uninstall Thursday anymore.