The Windows 10 Creators Update Out of Box Experience guide
The Windows Out of Box Experience, or OOBE for short, is the Windows setup wizard that allows you to customize your Windows 10 experience. With it, you can personalize your settings, create user accounts, customize privacy settings, and more.
The Windows 10 Creators Update introduces a new Out of Box Experience with better accessibility support. In this article, we’re going to show you how to complete the Windows 10 Creators Update OOBE with the help of Cortana. Microsoft’s assistant now offers upgrade support for users with disabilities.
As a quick reminder, the OOBE interface is not available when upgrading from a previous version of Windows.
The Windows 10 Creators Update Out of Box Experience
1. Cortana will ask you to select your region. You can respond with a voice command or scroll through the list and select your region.
2. Select your keyboard. You can add an additional keyboard language.
3. The End User License Agreement will appear on the screen. Read and accept the terms by clicking Yes. Reading the End User License Agreement is very important as it details how Microsoft processes user data.
4. Connect to a wired or wireless network. You can skip this setup stage by clicking the Skip for now button.
5. Set up your user account. You can either choose the option Use an online account or create a local account. Confirm your password.
6. Customize your Windows experience, including your privacy settings. You can also define your privacy settings after setup is complete by going to Start > Settings > Privacy.
As a quick reminder, unlike previous versions of Windows 10, the Creators Update has made it easier for users to toggle the settings they don’t want the system to have access to.
7. Choose whether to make Cortana your personal assistant or not.
8. Wait until Windows 10 completes the upgrade process and downloads the latest updates.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Microsoft prepares Surface Pro 3 for Creators Update with USB 3.0 update
- Windows 10 Creators Update CPU improvements make Microsoft Edge better
Javaw.exe is a process that launches Java programs. However, a “Windows cannot find javaw.exe” error message can pop up for some users when they try […]
10 quick solutions to fix laptop mousepad issues Update mousepad or touchpad drivers Uninstall and reinstall mouse drivers Use Windows generic mousepad driver Run an […]