Netwtw04.sys Failed: Fix This Error With These 7 Methods
Outdated drivers are the chief causes of this issue
- The netwtw04.sys failed error occurs when launching apps or unplugging your headphones.
- The cause for this netwtw04.sys blue screen can be an issue with a driver or a corrupt registry.
- A quick way of fixing this problem is by using a solution specialized in fixing BSoD errors.
The netwtw04.sys failed error is a frustrating error that pops up when users launch apps or unplug their headphones. However, these are not the only potential causes of the error.
Irrespective of the cause, we have prepared tested and trusted solutions to fix it in this comprehensive guide.
What does failed netwtw04.sys mean?
The netwtw04.sys failed blue screen error means your driver is incompatible with your operating system. The following are some of the prominent causes of this issue:
- Outdated driver: One of the major causes of the netwtw04.sys blue screen issue is a faulty or outdated network driver. The quickest way to fix this is to reinstall or update your driver.
- Presence of malware: Sometimes, this problem might be due to the activities of malware on your PC. You need to perform a full virus scan to get past the error message.
- Outdated PC: The Windows 10 netwtw04.sys error can be caused by an outdated operating system. Updating the PC to the latest version fixed the issue for many users.
How can I fix the netwtw04.sys failed error on Windows 10?
1. Use dedicated software to fix the BSoD
BSOD stop codes are the most dangerous Windows 10 errors because they can signal hardware problems. Unfortunately, it is pretty hard to troubleshoot manually, and fixing it can sometimes be time-consuming.
Fortunately, there are methods like dedicated software specialized in fixing Windows 10 errors, including BSoDs. These kinds of tools are high-speed and will likely repair your system automatically.
Restoro is powered by an online database that features the latest functional system files for Windows 10 PCs, allowing you to easily replace any elements that can cause a BSoD error.
This software can also help you by creating a restore point before starting the repairs, enabling you to easily restore the previous version of your system if something goes wrong.
This is how you can fix registry errors using Restoro:
- Download and install Restoro.
- Launch the application.
- Wait for the software to identify stability issues and possible corrupted files.
- Press Start Repair.
- Restart your PC for all the changes to take effect.
As soon as the fixing process is completed, your PC should work without problems, and you will not have to worry about BSoD errors or slow response times ever again.
Disclaimer: This program needs to be upgraded from the free version in order to perform some specific actions.
2. Update network adapter drivers
- Press the Windows key + R, type devmgmt.msc, and click OK.
- Double-click the Network adapters option to expand it, and right-click the device there.
- Now, select Update driver.
- Finally, click Search automatically for drivers and install any available updates.
Some Windows users reported that they could fix Windows 10 error netwtw04.sys failed error by updating their network adapter drivers. Hence, you can update your network adapter to correct the problem.
Alternatively, you can revert to the old driver versions if updating the driver does not fix the issue. Another option is to uninstall and reinstall the driver.
You can also go to the manufacturer’s website and download the driver yourself, but you need to be extremely careful to get the right one for your PC.
Luckily, there is a much faster and easier solution. And that is to use a dedicated tool that can fix and update your drivers automatically with software like DriverFix.
3. Run a full system scan
- Press the Windows key, type virus, and select Virus & threat protection.
- Click Scan options.
- Finally, tick the Full scan option and click the Scan now button.
Viruses and malware can cause the Windows 10 error netwtw04.sys. This malware infects your system file causing the Windows 10 error.
Hence, run a full system scan on your PC to remove every possible virus corruption. You can also use Windows’ built-in antivirus, Windows Defender.
Alternatively, you can use a surefire third-party antivirus in ESET NOD32. This software will dig deep into your system and eliminate even the most hidden virus.
4. Repair PC registry
- Press the Windows key, type cmd, and click Run as Administrator under Command Prompt.
- Now, type the command below and hit Enter:
- Wait for the scanning process to complete and restart your computer.
- If that does not fix the issue, type the command below and hit Enter to run it:
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
The simplest way to repair your Windows registry is to use a dedicated tool. Alternatively, you can use Microsoft’s System File Checker to check for system file corruption.
The utility program verifies the integrity of all system files and repairs files with problems when possible.
5. Temporarily disable secondary antivirus
Some antivirus programs may cause the Windows 10 error netwtw04.sys. Hence, you may need to temporarily disable your antivirus or firewall to fix the BSoD problem.
However, some antivirus programs have the temporarily disable protection option you can use, while others do not.
If you can uninstall your secondary antivirus, you may do that and consider switching to an alternative that will not interfere with your system.
6. Run System Restore
- Press the Windows key + R, type rstrui.exe, and click OK.
- Click the Next button page on the pops up.
- Now, select an appropriate restore point and click the Next button.
- Finally, click the Finish button.
Another effective solution that can fix the netwtw04.sys failed error message is to restore your PC to a time when it worked without issues.
This will reverse the changes you might have made to your PC that are causing the problem.
7. Install Windows Update
- Press the Windows key + I and select Update & Security.
- Click on Check for updates to proceed.
- Finally, download and install the available updates.
Finally, you can also fix Windows 10 error netwtw04.sys problem by updating your Windows 10 OS to the latest version.
Microsoft constantly releases Windows updates to improve the system’s stability and fix various issues and errors associated with the startup error.
We also have a guide dedicated to fixing the Driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error in Windows 10, so make sure you check that out too.
We hope the solutions listed above helped you fix the Windows 10 netwtw04.sys failed issue. Comment below if you have any questions or know of other solutions.