Fix: Windows 10 error netwtw04.sys
Are you a Windows user experiencing Windows 10 error netwtw04.sys? Today, we will show you how to solve this error problem.
Dell PC users reported getting the Windows BSod error which says Driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Netwtw04.sys. This (Blue Screen of Death) BSod error pops up whenever you launch apps or when you unplug your headphones.
However, this error may be due to several factors such as outdated driver, incompatible programs, corrupt system file registries, and incomplete Windows update.
Fix: Windows 10 error netwtw04.sys
Solution 1: Restart your PC
Some Windows users reported being able to fix Windows 10 error netwtw04.sys by restarting their PC. You can restart your PC after getting the error display. If the error still persists, you can proceed to the next step.
Solution 2: Run Full system scan
Viruses and malware can cause the Windows 10 error netwtw04.sys. These malwares infects your system file causing the Windows 10 error. Hence, run a full system scan on your PC to remove every possible virus corruption. You can also use Windows’ built-in antivirus, Windows Defender. Here’s how to run a full system scan on Windows 10 Creators Update:
- Go to Start > type ‘defender’ > double click Windows Defender to launch the tool.
- In the left hand pane, select the shield icon.
- In the new window, click the “Advanced scan” option.
- Check the full scan option to launch a full system malware scan.
Note: There are several third-parties antivirus software around that you may use. However, if you are done scanning your PC, it is advisable that you remove all detected viruses; the option may be “clean” or “delete” depending on the Antivirus that you are using.
Solution 3: Use Reimage Plus
This software scans your PC’s drivers so as to update, fix, and repair any corrupted/outdated driver most especially related to Windows 10 error netwtw04.sys. This saves you the headache of figuring out the type of system powering your computer and worrying if you installed the right driver. It also solves the problem of committing installation errors.
To carry out an automatic update of your drivers, you can make use of Reimage Plus’ free or pro version. The Pro version saves time and offers you total support. You can also ask for a refund of your full money in 30 days if you are not satisfied with the Pro version. Follow these steps to use Reimage Plus:
- Download Reimage Plus and install it.
- After installation, run Reimage Plus and select the ‘scan now’ option. This allows Driver Easy to scan your system and spot any available problem drivers.
- If you are using the free version, continue by selecting the ‘update’ icon just beside a headset driver to carry out an automatic download and installation of the appropriate driver.
- For those with a Pro version, select the ‘update all’ option to download and install the right version of the outdated or missing drivers automatically.
In addition, after the auto-update of your PC drivers, reboot your PC to complete the changes.
Solution 4: Repair PC registry
The simplest way to repair your Windows registry is to use a dedicated tool, such as CCleaner. Alternatively, you can also use Microsoft’s System File Checker to check for system file corruption.
The utility program verifies the integrity of all system files and repairs files with problems when possible. Here’s how to run an SFC scan on all Windows’ versions:
- Go to Start > type cmd > right-click Command Prompt > select Run as Administrator.
- Now, type the sfc /scannow command.
- Wait for the scanning process to complete and then restart your computer. All corrupted files will be replaced on reboot.
Solution 5: Update Network Adapter drivers
Some Windows users reported that they were able to fix Windows 10 error netwtw04.sys error by updating their network adapter drivers. Hence, you can update your network adapter to fix the problem. Here’s how to do this:
- Press the Windows key + R, type devmgmt.msc, and then hit Enter. (Alternatively, you can right-click on Windows key and select Device Manager).
- In the Device Manager window, expand Network adapters section.
- Then, right-click on your Intel Network Adapter and select Update Driver Software.
Alternatively, you can also revert back the old driver versions if updating the driver does not fix the issue.
Read Also: Fix: Mouse Cursor Disappeared in Windows 10
Solution 6: Temporarily disable secondary antivirus
Some Antivirus programs may cause the Windows 10 error netwtw04.sys. Hence, you may need to temporarily disable your antivirus or firewall so as to fix the BSod problem. However, some Antivirus programs have the “temporarily disable protection” option which you can use while others do not.
If you have the option to uninstall your secondary antivirus, you may do that and consider changing your secondary antivirus programs and use alternatives such as Bitdefender, BullGuard, and Malwarebytes. These security programs are highly recommended due to their versatility and excellent performance.
Solution 7: Run System Restore
Running system restore can also fix the error problem on your Windows PC. Safe mode is a diagnostics mode in Windows which starts your PC with only basic files and drivers running. However, you can perform system restore in safe mode to revert back to a certain restore point on your system devoid of the error message display on startup. Here’s how to do this:
- Shut down your PC and turn it on again.
- Navigate to the “Run in Safe Mode” option and hit “Enter”.
- Go to Start > Type “system restore” and then hit “Enter”.
- Follow the prompts to revert back to a certain restore point.
- Wait for the process to complete, and then reboot.
Note: Ensure you are able to identify the restore point date before the netwtw04.sys BSod error display started. System restore does not affect any of your files, documents, and personal data.
Solution 8: Install Windows Update
Finally, you can also fix Windows 10 error netwtw04.sys problem by updating your Windows 10 OS to the latest version. Microsoft constantly releases Windows updates so as to improve the system’s stability and fix various issues and errors associated with the startup error. However, follow these steps to update Windows 10 OS:
Read Also: Fix: Windows 10 right-click not working
- Go to Start>type “update” in the search box and then click on “Windows Update” to proceed.
- In the Windows Update window, check for updates and install the available updates.
- After the update is complete, restart your Windows PC.
We hope that the solutions listed above helped you to fix Windows 10 error netwtw04.sys problem issue. Comment below if you have any questions.
The thought of producing EDM (electronic dance music) may have crossed your mind several times especially if you are a content creator, budding music artist […]
No matter if you run a business or not, if you want store data, QNAP (Quality Network Appliance Provider) Systems is probably the answer you […]
We have all sorts of applications on our PC, but sometimes certain apps can become grayed out and unable to remove. This can be a […]