The Fall Creators Update boosts the gaming performance of 6 & 8 core CPU PCs
Gaming is a main focus of the Windows 10 Creators Update with a series of game-related features including Game Mode, the streaming service Beam, and more. That’s not at all: it will also boost the gaming performance of 6 and 8 core CPU computers. And if you’re enrolled in the Windows Insider program, you can already test the new features by downloading build 16215.
Here’s how Microsoft describes the experience:
The resources made available to games running in Game Mode have been tweaked on popular machine configs, including 6 and 8 core CPU machines, resulting in improved game performance for games running in Game Mode.
The good news doesn’t end here. The Windows 10 Fall Creators Update packs many more game improvements, including:
- The Game Bar now has a button to enable or disable Game Mode for the current game.
- The Game Bar now allows gamers to take screenshots of games running in HDR. Sharing screenshots to Xbox Live via the Xbox app will also be available. As a quick reminder, screenshots will be taken in the resolution of the game window. The OS will transcode game clips and broadcasts to 1080p if the resolution is higher than 1080p.
- Bitrate changes during game broadcasting to Mixer are now smoother.
- When broadcasting to Mixer, players can specify the language that they are speaking during the broadcast.
We’re sure that Microsoft will add more game-related features in future updates, so stay tuned!
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Windows 10 games get unlocked frame rate support for UWP, AMD Freesync and NVIDIA G-SYNC
- The Windows 10 Fall Creators Update will bring a brand-new user interface
- Windows 10 Game Mode to boost gaming experience with extra GPU cycles
An annoying issue prevents printers from printing files on the Windows 10 operating system. When attempting to initiate the printing process, the error message Another […]
Many Windows 10 users reported encountering an issue while trying to play HTML5 videos in their browser. The error message Your browser does not currently recognize […]