How to stream via Beam in Windows 10 Creators Update
Streaming any game via Beam on Windows PC has never been easier courtesy of the Windows 10 Creators Update. In order to start streaming, you simply have to log into a few apps, launch a game, and click the broadcast option.
Prior to starting a game broadcast, check if the app works in the game bar. It is compatible with any game that runs in windowed mode, UWP titles, and a few Win32 games. To check a game’s compatibility, press Win+G and open the game bar. Everything should work fine if it shows up. To start streaming, follow these steps:
- Visit your Xbox privacy settings and enable broadcasting. To do that, sign in to your Xbox account, go to the Xbox One/Windows 10 tab, and search for the “broadcast gameplay” option.
- Open a game and click the Windows key and G together to launch the game bar. You can also push the Xbox guide button on your controller.
- Click the broadcasting icon and agree to the terms and conditions for Beam.
- Make your own configurations, if you so choose, and click “Start stream.”
Beam is of value mostly to gamers, allowing other people to watch them as they’re playing. Perhaps Microsoft will extend the functionality of this feature to other areas in the future.
Are you using Beam in the Creators Update now? What is your experience so far? Let us know!
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Microsoft’s Beam now lets you stream your Xbox One gameplay
- Stream Xbox One on Beam: step by step guide
- Creators Update for Xbox One: Everything you need to know
- Upgrading to Creators Update requires installing KB4013214
- Users confirm the Creators Update increases battery life by 20%
Cortana may not be enjoying the same sort of success as Google Assistant and Amazon’s Alexa. As such, Microsoft has no plans to compete with Google […]
If you use a USB stick in public places or on shared workstations, it is a good idea to protect your privacy. For this purpose, […]
Microsoft aims to offer the same dark mode across the entire application ecosystem in order to achieve consistency. The update will soon be rolled out […]