Windows 10 build 15046 installation error 80070228 [Fix]
The latest Windows 10 build 15046 has been around for a few days. Although it brings no new features, the new release improves many aspects of the system, and adds up to the overall stability of the upcoming Creators Update for Windows 10.
However, things don’t go so smooth for everyone, as Microsoft wars Insiders that occasional installation problems may occur. While installation issues are nothing new in Windows 10 builds, we don’t see Microsoft talking about the issue in advance quite often.
This time, Microsoft points out to the installation error 80070228 in the build announcement blog post, warning Insiders that they may have problems installing the latest build. Microsoft’s Jason even presented a solution for this problem on the Microsoft forums, which is another nice touch.
So, in case you’ve encountered the update error 80070228 while trying to install the latest Windows 10 Preview build, here’s what you need to do to fix this issue:
- Go to Settings > Time & Language > Region & Language
- Remove any additional languages other than your current system language
- Close settings
- Now, go to Search, type run and press Enter
- Paste the following command and press Enter: Lpksetup /u
- This will open a separate window
- Once again, remove any additional languages other than your current system language
- Reboot your PC
After performing this workaround, scan for updates once again, and the installation error 80070228 shouldn’t bother you anymore.
Was this solution helpful? And have you encountered any additional problems in Windows 10 build 15046? Let us know in the comments below.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Microsoft’s Creators Update allows smartphones to unlock Windows devices
- Windows 10 now accounts for 57% of business PCs across western Europe
- Redstone 3 is almost ready, recent Windows 10 build removes watermark
- Latest Windows 10 Mobile build prevents users from installing speech packs and adding payment methods
- Windows 10 Redstone 3 mention spotted on the Insider platform
Microsoft is all set to launch its next big update, Windows 10 version 1809 in October. While that should be a nice piece of news […]
The Windows 10 October 2018 Update (otherwise 18H2) rollout might now be two to three weeks away. For the last few months, new build previews […]