- Nowadays, it's really simple to get a Window 10 copy by using Microsoft's Media Creation Tool.
- However, if you had any trouble downloading the ISO file, this guide will help you solve this problem.
- For any information about other programs and tools, visit our Software section.
- Our Windows 10 Hub is a well of knowledge for any information about the hyper-popular OS.
Getting hold of the Window 10 copy is easier than ever. Microsoft’s Media Creation Tool covers every option, including both direct upgrade and creation of the bootable installation media.
And there you can choose between a USB flash stick or DVD ISO which you’ll need to burn to a DVD. The majority of users go for the USB option, but ISO can be of use for some, nonetheless.
However, some users had a hard time trying to download the Windows 10 ISO via the Media Creation Tool. We prepared some solutions for this ache, and you can find them in the comment section below.
What to do if Windows 10 ISO download fails
- Check your connection
- Run Disk Cleanup to free up space on your drive
- Restart the procedure
- Download the ISO directly
- Become a Windows insider
1. Check your connection
Let’s start with the connection. The Media Creation Tool allows you to download the Windows 10 ISO file and it, obviously, requires the Internet connection.
It doesn’t matter if your bandwidth is slow as long you have a stable connection which allows direct download from the Microsoft servers.
With that in mind, we suggest an inspection of your network and troubleshooting possible issues.
If you’re not sure what to do, here are some steps which might come in handy:
- Restart your PC and Wi-Fi router.
- Try using a LAN cable instead of Wi-Fi.
- Disable Proxy/VPN temporary.
- Disable the Metered connection.
- Flush the DNS.
2. Run Disk Cleanup to free up space on your drive
- Press Windows key + S to open the Search bar.
- Type dsk and open Disk Cleanup.
- Choose the system partition and click OK.
- Click on Clean system files and choose the system partition again. The calculation can take some time.
- Check all boxes and click OK.
If you still don’t have enough space on your drive to download the ISO, we recommend storing some of your data in the cloud on Sync.com.
Your data will be completely safe because Sync is using encryption and doesn’t allow anybody else to access them.
This excellent cloud solution backs your files up automatically in one location and syncs them across all of your devices through multiple platforms including Windows, Android, and the web.
Moreover, you can transfer files of any size by using Sync to anyone, even if they don’t have an account.
Sync.comDeposit your files temporary or for good on the most reliable and safe cloud platform and access them from all your devices.
3. Restart the procedure
- Download the Media Creation Tool .
- Run the tool and accept the Terms.
- Toggle the Create installation media (USB flash drive, DVD, or ISO file) for another PC option and click Next.
- Select the Language and Architecture and click Next.
- Select the ISO file option and click Next.
- Choose where to store the file.
- Wait for the tool to download the Windows 10 ISO file (It can take some time, depending on your bandwidth speed).
Note: Of course, if you’re not in dire need to use the DVD as the installation media, we suggest creating a bootable USB drive instead.
4. Download the ISO directly
- Open the Edge browser.
- Visit the official Microsoft’s Download site.
- Press F12 to open the Developer menu.
- Click on the Eject icon at the top of the right pane and open Emulation from the contextual menu.
- In the User Agent string section, select Apple Safari (iPad).
- The web page should reload and you can select Windows 10 from the drop-down menu. Click Confirm.
- Choose the language and architecture.
- Choose where to save the file and you’re good to go.
5. Become a Windows insider
Even though Microsoft blocks downloads for the official ISO, there is still the insider (beta) system options.
Of course, this stands only if you’re interested in the Windows 10 Insiders program.
Either way, if you’re in dire need of Windows 10 ISO, this is another option we had to mention. Just follow the steps provided on the Microsoft page to become an insider.
When you finalize the sign-up procedure and roll in the beta program, you’ll get the ISO with the latest Insider Preview version of Windows 10.
If you have additional questions or possibly a suggestion on how to resolve downloading issues concerning the Windows 10 ISO, you can post them in the comments section below.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in August 2018 and has been since revamped and updated in August 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.