Windows 10 KB3200970 fixes VPN and Wi-Fi issues, improves security
Microsoft rolled out a new cumulative update for Windows 10 that includes quality improvements and security updates. No new operating system features are being introduced in this update.
Cumulative update KB3200970 fixes and improvements:
- Improved the reliability of multimedia audio, Remote Desktop, and Internet Explorer 11.
- Addressed issue that prevents users from connecting to a virtual private network (VPN).
- Addressed issue with a scheduled task that doesn’t run in Task Scheduler after reenabling.
- Addressed issue to update the Access Point Name (APN) database.
- Addressed issue with Japanese characters that are missing when converted by the Input Method Editor.
- Addressed issue with the system tray showing no Wi-Fi connection even when Wi-Fi is present.
- Addressed issue with Windows devices that disconnect from the Internet prematurely before users can complete their paid Wi-Fi purchase.
- Addressed issue to update the new Belarusian ruble symbol to Br and the new ISO 4217 code to BYN.
- Addressed additional issues with multimedia, Windows kernel, packaging release management, authentication, Microsoft Edge, Internet
- Explorer 11, Remote Desktop, Active Directory, wireless networking, Windows shell, graphics, enterprise security, and Microsoft HoloLens.
Security updates to Boot Manager, Windows operating system, kernel-mode drivers, Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer 11, Microsoft Virtual Hard Drive, Common Log File System driver, Microsoft Video Control, Common Log File System driver, Windows authentication methods, Windows File Manager, and the Microsoft Graphics Component.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Windows 10 update KB3194798 fails to install, shows wrong disk storage size
- Here’s a list of lesser-known Windows 10 Creators Update features
- Microsoft drastically reduces update size in Windows 10
Installing Android drivers on a PC should be a walk in a park. You connect your handset with the PC via the USB cable and, […]
Do you have NOX installed on your PC? Are you experiencing any form of lag while running it? This article is specially designed for you! […]
Do you have ExpressVPN installed on your PC? Do you encounter connection problems after an update? This guide will help you out. Here, we’ll be […]