The Windows 10 Anniversary Update is finally here, and users have slowly begun to test the new features. Microsoft pushed the update a few hours ago, and you should bear in mind that it’s going to be rolled out in waves. If the Anniversary Update is not available for you yet, have a little patience and search for updates a bit later.
Windows just keeps getting better and better.
The Windows 10 Anniversary Update is the second big update since the launch of Windows 10. It’s full of great new features that customers told us they want. The Windows 10 Anniversary Update will automatically download and install when it becomes available for your device (your device will be running Windows 10 Version 1607 after it’s installed). Want it now? Click the button below to get it.
Windows 10 Version 1607 brings the knowledge base to version KB3176929, adding a series of important improvements as well:
- “Improved reliability of background tasks and extensions for Microsoft Edge.
- Addressed licensing issue that prevents apps from activating.
- Addressed issue that prevents changing display orientation after attaching a keyboard dock.
- Addressed issue with scheduled update scans that are delayed during Connected Standby.
- Addressed issue that sometimes prevent Extensible Application Markup Language (XAML) apps from receiving keyboard input.
- Addressed issue with event logging that creates very large virtual allocations.
- Addressed issues that cause high battery drain when a Windows 10 Mobile device is idle or the screen is off.
- Addressed additional issues with Cortana, Microsoft Query and Microsoft Excel compatibility, and the Korean Input Method Editor (IME).”
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT: